Denis Bogan <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Said they were designed for Chugach Freeskiers, and that on
>typical Chugach snow you could carry tremendous speed on them.  I expressed
>skepticism but he said it was so.  They must have pretty good torsional
>stiffness.

Not necessarily- ever flexed a DH race ski?  They're noodles, fer-sher! If
it's long & fat enough it'll be stable at speed, as long as the sidecut
isn't very rad. In Chugach pow you won't need much sidecut on a soft ski-
the longitudinal flex will be enough to make some nice turns.

>I'd love to have a demo under the right conditions.

You & me both- but I don't expect to see the "right" conditions anywhere
east before the next ice-age. (Well, maybe in the Chic Chocs on a really
good year...)

And _certainly_ not up at K*mart this week! :-)

dana

_____________ ________ __
__(    Tele till you drop