>Wes,
>
>What's wrong with;
>
>http://mole.uvm.edu/skivt-l/depths.html
>
>Please tell me it's not going to go away.  I like it a lot.

It won't go away, but let's say that it will be improved.

Problems: The original scripts for that graph were written in
February 1995 -- almost five years ago. I look at them now and am
embarrassed by the kludges I employed to make them go.

SkiVt-L poll question: how many of our happy readers were "on the
internet" five years ago (email doesn't count)?

A lot has happened in terms of web technology since then, but the
Snow Graph has remained pretty much the same. It takes a whole lot of
manual intervention to keep it running (note that I haven't
recomputed the "40 some odd year average" or "all time min and max
values" since 1996), the data lives in a mess of unwieldy ASCII text
files, and I have ignored for these five long years all the other
weather data available. I want to automate everything I can.

Remember, this is a work in process, and I've only spent about half a
day on it so far.
| Academic Computing Services       __0__                             |
| Room 238 Waterman Building       / \ | \                            |
| University of Vermont              \77  http://cit.uvm.edu/~waw/    |
| Voice:802-656-1254 FAX:802-656-0872  vv                             |