  MIchael wrote:
>Randy Witlicki wrote:
>
>- A third of the traffic coming up Route 103 ?  Where are
>they coming from ?  Most of the I-91 northbound traffic  (from
>Connecticut, etc) seems to get off at exit 9 (Hartland) / route 12
>to route 4.  I think the Woodstock cops would love the
>additional traffic :)  They'd get to write more speeding tickets.
>

>Randy - Is this the fastest route?  I usually take the 103 route through Ludlow.
>If that is longer, please let me know.

  I never made this commute regularly, but way back when
I was in CT (early 80s), I stayed on I-91 as long as possible
for ease of traffic passing.
  So, looking at the maps:
   - Exit 6 - route 103 to Sherburne is about 42 miles - if you
average 45 miles an hour (lots of small towns to slow down in, the
biggest variable is getting stuck and not being able to pass):
 42 miles / 45 mph = about 56 minutes.
   - Stay on I-91 to Exit 9 - take route 12 to route 4 through
Woodstock (the gas ware on the corner is over, BTW).  Average
75 mph on interstate, 45 mph off:
  26 miles / 75 mph + 30 miles / 45 mph = about 61 minutes.
  (26 miles from Exit 6 to Exit 9, 30 miles Exit 9 to Sherburne).

  I live in the White River Jct area and when I am driving
on Route 4, I see a lot of CT/MA ski cars turning at
the Route 12/4 junction east of Woodstock.

  - Randy
 -