The abbreviated I came. I saw. I skied. version of the K
opening day report...

I hit the mountain at the crack of 11:00 and skied 'till
about 2:30.  The conditions were quite good for opening day.
Skier's left of upper Double Dipper was nice all day with
almost-western loose powder on it.  The skier's right bump
line on lower Rime was OK when nobody was standing on it.
I looked for plaid all day but didn't see any. I don't own
any plaid so I'm anonymous even though at 6'3" and well north
of 200 lbs, I'm pretty hard to miss.

Here's some photos of the event.
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Meadows/5203/kod.html

Winter's finally here!