Geoff Devine wrote:

> useless on ice or groomed, though.  Salomon also have/had a weird
> looking double-ended ski that's ridiculously soft like the old
> ballet skis of years gone by.  Maybe that's what you were looking
> at? I have no idea who would use such gear. Skiing in half-pipes
> maybe?

Those are the 1080's and yeah, they are for that. There were a lot of
kids on them on Monday. If you ask me, they fall more into the "toy"
category than anything else. The skis that Denis and I are talking about
are the AK Rockets, they're new this year but I dont think they are
really a part of the main X-Scream series. They had them at Aspen East
and I think I may have seen them in Sports Odessy in Ludlow. As far as I
know they only come in a 200 (or maybe it was a 203?) length. They're
pretty wide with a rounded, low profile tip.. I assumed with a name like
that they're desgined for blasting big turns in heavy coastal snow, but
maybe I'm wrong.