On Tuesday, October 26, 1999 2:01 AM, Marc Guido [SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:

> I'll throw in my $0.02 in the form of the best tree-skiing advice that I've
> ever received: look at the spaces, not at the trees.
>
> You inevitably ski toward what you're looking at.  A novice tree skier tends
> to look at the trees, more out of fear than from anything else ... and is
> magically drawn toward them like a magnet.  See your opportunities, not your
> obstacles.

        At the January 1994 camp at Jackson Hole, my friend Don whacked a tree.  Theo Meiners came up to him and the following dialogue ensued:

        Theo:   "DON, what wuz the last thing you saw before you hit the tree?"

        Don:    "um ... ah .... the tree"

        Theo:   "That's right, that was just the problem and ya' see what happened"

Mark