> SkiVt-L poll question: how many of our happy readers were "on the
> internet" five years ago (email doesn't count)?

<Boring Historical TechnoGeekSpeak>

1987, I think.  I spent 3 months at BBN Labs; a pioneer in
productivity loss due to excessive internet use.  The VAXen
they were using as routers in those days were slower than
the CPU in my dishwasher.  Most of the internet backbone ran
at 56K.  Not much beyond smoke signals and jungle drums.

</Boring Historical TechnoGeekSpeak>

-Geoff