Good question but it's almost unaswerable.

What do you mean by resorts that suit families?  If you mean the
Renson-Guido-Bogan-Manson Family of skiing, well, that's one set of advice.
If you mean the Clark-Chrush-Kusack Mother Theresa family, then we have some
other advice for you, my son.

Generally, in Vermont Family-oriented mountains (especially if you are looking
to cut costs) means a smaller, less expansive resort.  Would you fly out of
Utah?  Perhaps you are here already?  Looking for one place to stay for a
week?  Or are you willing to Grande Tour the Greenmountain State?

Small, inexpensive family-oriented mountains would include Bromley, Ascutney,
and Magic in the South.  The mid to North region might include Bolton Valley,
Smuggler's Notch and Burke.

But, as I said, your mileage will vary.

I'm almost willing to bet that the next posting on this thread will be a
recommendation to take the family to Mad River Glen.

JMK