Dana Dorsett wrote:

> > SkiVt-L poll question: how many of our happy readers were "on the
> > internet" five years ago (email doesn't count)?
>
> Eric Krupka <[log in to unmask]> responded:
>
> >Five years?  Bah.  I was on the net back when rec.skiing
> >was worth reading.  I feel old just thinking about it.

Five years ago my computer experience was limited to playing Mah Jong on my 16
mHz 386 with 40 meg hard drive and 4 megs of ram.  I didn't even know what the
internet was.  This is coming to you off a Dell Dimension XPS-T500 via a DOCSIS
compliant cable modem.  And I thought shaped ski technology developed rapidly?
Shazaam!!!!!   Jim