I've used it on various occasions.  One of which was a leaking feedthrough
on a 602 source where the cap was badly corroded.  When I cleaned it, the
pin to cap weld was leaking. A small dab did it, saved about $600 for a new
feedthrough.  That was 10 years ago and I haven't touched it since.  I've
also used it on a small scratch on a knife edge for a copper gasket seal
from a used MS we bought.  It too has been fine for about 8 years.  Heating
helps to cure it faster (backeout) but is not completely necessary, it seems
to work anyways.

Gilles

Gilles St-Jean
Université d'Ottawa / University of Ottawa
Sciences de la Terre / Earth Sciences
140 Louis Pasteur
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1N 6N5
Tel: (613) 562-5800 xt 6839 (Bureau / Office)
                                 xt 6836 (lab)
Téléc./Fax: (613) 562-5192
Couriel / E-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://www.isotopes.science.uottawa.ca/