At 5;30 am today I thought of a possible source, dug up my souses old
"bible", the MMPI Manual fro way back when, and found snipets on the
personality scales as related to nursing students in the early 50ties.  I
then searched PsycInfo (again) this time usings the MMPI and personality
traits and some other stuff and came up with 5 promising items, 3 of them
dissertions (found two abstract in DISS).  Unless someone comes up with a
very recent something that I missed, I am calling it a day.  I am
surprised not to find more, might make a good PhD thesis or a Clinical
Psych/nursing research project (but there probably isn't any money in it).

Thanks for those who responded!

Dalia Kleinmuntz                                          847/570-2664
Webster Library                                      FAX: 847/570-2926
Evanston Hospital
2650 Ridge Ave
Evanston IL 60201                                 [log in to unmask]
"..the secret of the care of the patient is in caring for the patient"
                                                - Francis W. Peabody
                                                     (1881-1927)