I wonder ... this doesn't look, at first glance, like other recent accounts
on this list where professional libraries are trying to limp along without a
librarian. This looks more like the "resource centers" in career counseling
facilities, where the materials focus on what qualifications are needed for
various occupations, salary ranges, industry conditions, etc.

If what they're interested in is information on the different types of
nursing; differences between an RN, LPN, PA, nurses' aide; and so on, then
they probably don't need a cataloger. Where do the books come from? - does
the person in charge get to select? If not, they may not even care if most
of their "collection" walks away over time. And a library professional might
be bored outta their skull.

-- Lise M. Dyckman
   Solomon Medical Library
   St. Mary's Medical Center, San Francisco
   (415) 750-5795