How do your hospitals handle requests from drug or equipment companies that
want to present information to a certain group of employees -- say just the
Respiratory Techs; or just OB nurses or ICU nurses or whatever group is
likely to use their products?  Is there some committee that reviews and
approves these requests?

    When the information is of interest to all nursing staff and/or a
variety of ancillary departments, then our Education Department does the
scheduling and makes arrangements for inviting the appropriate staff but no
one is responsible for these smaller, department specific gatherings.  Some
questions have come up about who is allowed to sponsor these educational
sessions and whether or not we need to keep track of everything that is
going on.

    I would be interested in hearing how this is handled at other
institutions.  Thanks, in advance, for any input.

Julie McDaniel, MLS
Health Sciences Library
Community Hospital of Springfield
2615 E. High Street