Sounds reall familiar  took almost exactly the same route last year to SLC.
(Then I went south to Sedona, Grand Canyon, Taos and back home)....

> One comment about speeds going cross country. With the help  of my radar
> detector that rarely went off (less than 15 times for the entire drive), I
> kept the speedometer pegged at 80 except around urban areas where I had to
> deal with more traffic. Believe the speed limit up to Iowa was 65 or 70.
> Nebraska on was 75. Because of the large luggage rack and skis on top of
my
> car, I didn't see any reason to drive faster than 80.

I thought Nebraska was a real big reason to peg the speedo on my Ol' Jeep
Cherokee at 90  for the entire length of the state.  And is smelled real
bad.

Were the "Merry Christmass, EAT BEEF!" Chrismass lights outside Denver up
yet?  (I just found the poloroid of my girlfriend standing next to it under
my seat last week).

        -Geoff