I decided to bag my planned long weekend which would have started in the Mad
River Valley and ended at Mt. Snow.  Keeping a close eye on the weather report
made it obvious that the trip was not going to be worth it for what little
skiing would be available.  So I headed up Saturday morning to my buddy Ben's
house just to get away from the city.  While passing by Mt. Snow, I could see
that they were in REAL bad shape with 3-4 trail remnants visible on the Main
Face.  Ben and I spent the better part of both days working on our gladed trails
behind his house - I'vegot blisters and numerous assorted other owies to prove
it.  We have completed an expert trail which is tentatively called Meat Head in
honor of Ben.  The middle pitch is the tricky (and steep) part on that one -
perhaps a little too steep for Ben's thus far limited snowboarding ability.  We
therefore began trail work on an easier route which takes the same pitch much
more gently and for a longer distance.  It is tentatively called
Tinkerbell......also in honor of Ben.  On Sunday, the air was noticably cooler
with intermittent light flurries all day - alas zero accumulation.  As we
departed for warmer climes, I could see that they were blowing snow on the top
third of the main face and appeared to be gearing up to do so lower down the
mountain.   Maybe next week.