I'd like to have a minute to consider a thoughful reply to Hope, and I think
there are excellent ideas here to move forward.  If we can, let's continue to
work on the agenda/process we might use for the 'Network' here online, and
bring it to the meeting Rebecca proposes to start working on refining the
process and group framework for decision-making.  (I think the 'Network'
group has to have some authority to make decisions with the cooperative
agreement of CIT management in each decision - we have to start learning how
to flatten the organization, so why now experiment here?) The standards
discussion is relevant, and could be a group with some cross-representation.

I would suggest that anyone interested in charting out this IT User Support
Network respond to Rebecca directly to be involved in the first session -
probably not a large group, but to refine the concepts we start with here -
and to plan for the first large-group open session.  It would be great to
involve clients in this larger group, including students.

The Advocats list AND the PLAN-IT list are both relevant, but Advocats is
most closely aligned with the topic.  I agree with Wesley, let's use Advocats
for this User Services Network development, and report to Plan-IT with
results/action steps.  OK Everyone?

-cd

--
-cd