Hi Folks -

The Town of Newbury has a local 7-digit emergency number which we'd like to
phase out with the advent of E-911.  However, we have many out-of-state
homeowners who have alarm systems which automatically call an out-of-state
alarm company if there's an emergency.  Normally, the point-of-contact for
these alarm companies is our 7-digit emergency number.  However, because
they're out-of-state, they can't call us via 911.  The question is whether
there is a 10-digit number that feeds into the E-911 dispatch system that
these alarm companies can use to report emergencies?

Has any other town dealt with this yet?

Thanks,
Robb Cutler
Selectperson, Town of Newbury