We had an open house to celebrate a completed renovation and merger.   That
is hardly an revolutionary idea.  We did a few things at the open house that
seemed to get peoples attention.

1) we had a golf (actually putting) tournament in the library, with prizes.
The "course" lead people through the new part of the library.

2) we had a library pen for everyone who attended.   The pens were in
hospital colours and on each one it said:
        Evidence based care starts @
          Glenrose Library Services
                Tel: 474-8863

We bought a thousand and gave away hundreds of pens and continued to use
them for a couple of years afterwards.   I never worried about losing a pen
as I figured each one was a little promo piece that had found its way to
someone else's desk.
Peter Schoenberg  Librarian            [log in to unmask]
Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital      http://www.cha.ab.ca/glenrose
10230 111 Ave,   edmonton.ab.ca        tel:  780 471 2262 x2599
t5g 0b7                                        fax: 780 474 8863
Capital Health  Healthier people in healthier communities