I have been seeing more and more interlibrary loan requests on Medlib-l.
While I have NO PROBLEM with those that explain that the request couldn't
be filled by normal channels or the item is not available in region, I
have seen many that seem to me to be simple requests.  Shouldn't these
requests be made on DOCLINE and regular ILL channels?  It seems to me that
many people will spend unnecessary time looking and/or photocopying
material that could easily be filled via normal ILL workflow, not to
mention the time spent deleting the messages from the incoming mail.

Shifra Atik         Associate Director  Health Sciences Library
Long Island Jewish Medical Center        New Hyde Park, NY
TEL: (718) 470-7070  FAX: (718) 470-6150  E-MAIL: [log in to unmask]

This message represents the personal views and opinions of the
individual sender and should in no way be construed as an authorized
communication on behalf of Long Island Jewish Medical Center.