------------------------------

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Susana [log in to unmask] asked for
information about "Web Based Advanced Study Certificate Programs for
Librarians," particularly interested in technology courses taught via the
Internet.

Rather than "contact each library school," I might suggest that folks
interested in these activities contact only those schools which do deliver
the MLIS in an Internet-based program to enquire if they also offer an
opportunities for certificate of advanced study students or for special
students to take some of the Internet delivered courses, if appropriate.

I find that the easiest way to locate this small subset of LIS programs
is to go to the Medical Library Education Section's webpage on LIS
educational resources where you will find a clickable list of
Internet-based degree programs:

http://www.nyam.org/mles/resources.htm
  then click on "MLES Distance Learning Page"

Good luck!

Ellen Detlefsen
Chair-Elect/Program Chair, Medical Library Education Section, MLA

Associate Professor, DLIS, School of Information Sciences
Core Faculty, Center for Biomedical Informatics, School of Medicine
Associate Professor, Women's Studies Program, Faculty of Arts & Sciences
Project Director, Highmark Minority Health Link

651 SIS Building, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA 15260 USA
phone/voice messaging: 1-412-624-9444 - FAX: 1-412-648-7001
email: [log in to unmask] - WorldWideWeb:  http://www.sis.pitt.edu/~ellen/