A patron has asked for information on what types of non-obstetrical patients
are being admitted to Obstetrical Units in other hospitals.  Historically it
has been "clean Gyn" only.  Now it would seem that Administration would like
to put any and all patients (males included) on the OB floor when other
floors are full or under-staffed.  My patron would like to know the types of
patients (Ortho, Med-Surg, Peds, ...) are allowed admittance on OB units in
other facilities.  Any information you are able to share would be
appreciated.

I have searched CINAHL, HEALTHSTAR, MEDLINE, NorthernLight, Dogpile,
SavvySearch, Alta Vista, Yahoo, etc. without success.  I cannot find
anything on this subject.

Please reply to me directly at [log in to unmask] and I will summarize for
the list.

Thank you,

Anne Girling, Medical Librarian                 Alaska Native Medical Center
[log in to unmask]                              ANC-LIB
907-729-2943 phone                              4315 Diplomacy Drive
907-729-2945 fax                                Anchorage AK 99508