Herb White, the very vocal retired Librarian/Administrator/Writer has
just published his last White Papers in LJ.  I always enjoyed
reading and
listening to him, and have repeataed several of his very qoutable
sayings, too.   My favorite"  "In the abscence of money, there is always
money".

A collection of his writings is in production.  Title:  Librarianship -
Quo Vadis, due soemtimes in 2000.

Library Journal, November 15, 1999; p.44-5  "Where is this profession
Heading?"
Dalia Kleinmuntz                                          847/570-2664
Webster Library                                      FAX: 847/570-2926
Evanston Hospital/Evanston Northwestern Healthcare
2650 Ridge Ave
Evanston IL 60201                                 [log in to unmask]

"Behold the turtle who makes progress only when he sticks his neck out"
- James Brynat Conant, 1893-1973