Help for Since

Help for Until

LIST.UVM.EDU ( 100 Matches )

More Hits

Subject

From

Date

Time

Re: Patient Ed in multiple languages for the EMR? Bolduc, Janet <[log in to unmask]> 2019-05-21 15:50
Hello all,
I've been asked by my administration to find resources that have patient education print handouts in multiple languages that can be integrated for access within an EMR. I've recommended MedlinePlus and EBSCO's Patient Education Reference Center to them. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? We also have ClinicalKey but apparently they don't have the ability to integrate their patient education materials into an EMR yet.
Thank you for any guidance on this,
Re: CHAT: Friday Citation Fun Metzger, Tina <[log in to unmask]> 2019-05-17 12:26
Hi Marie-
No, we don't have a citation manager, but that makes sense. That's basically what's offered through EBSCO-you can Save and it generates a citation. I'm not sure I trust the EBSCO citation, though; they're not consistent with their APA accuracy, from what I've seen...
Thanks!
* This one is from citationmachine.net, into which I entered the database name, but it wasn't included in the generated citation:
Woten, M., & Balderrama, D. (2017, June 9). IV Therapy: Preventing Complications. Retrieved May 17, 2019, from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nup&AN=T705644&site=nup-live&scope=site
* This one is from EBSCO:
* Woten, M. R. B., & Balderrama, D. R. M. (2017). IV Therapy: Preventing Complications. CINAHL Nursing Guide. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nup&AN=T705644&site=nup-live&scope=site
* Komusky, J., & Schub, T. (2013). Abdominal aortic aneurysm. CINAHL Nursing
Guide. Retrieved from http://ezproxy.rasmussen.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nup&AN=T704248&site=eds-live
Re: CHAT: Friday Citation Fun Thompson, Marie A. <[log in to unmask]> 2019-05-17 12:22
* This one is from citationmachine.net, into which I entered the database name, but it wasn't included in the generated citation:
Woten, M., & Balderrama, D. (2017, June 9). IV Therapy: Preventing Complications. Retrieved May 17, 2019, from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nup&AN=T705644&site=nup-live&scope=site
* This one is from EBSCO:
* Woten, M. R. B., & Balderrama, D. R. M. (2017). IV Therapy: Preventing Complications. CINAHL Nursing Guide. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nup&AN=T705644&site=nup-live&scope=site
* Komusky, J., & Schub, T. (2013). Abdominal aortic aneurysm. CINAHL Nursing
Guide. Retrieved from http://ezproxy.rasmussen.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nup&AN=T704248&site=eds-live
CHAT: Friday Citation Fun Metzger, Tina <[log in to unmask]> 2019-05-17 12:10
* This one is from citationmachine.net, into which I entered the database name, but it wasn't included in the generated citation:
Woten, M., & Balderrama, D. (2017, June 9). IV Therapy: Preventing Complications. Retrieved May 17, 2019, from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nup&AN=T705644&site=nup-live&scope=site
* This one is from EBSCO:
* Woten, M. R. B., & Balderrama, D. R. M. (2017). IV Therapy: Preventing Complications. CINAHL Nursing Guide. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nup&AN=T705644&site=nup-live&scope=site
* Komusky, J., & Schub, T. (2013). Abdominal aortic aneurysm. CINAHL Nursing
Guide. Retrieved from http://ezproxy.rasmussen.edu/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nup&AN=T704248&site=eds-live
Link resolver to use with Outside tool PubMed Lori Graham <[log in to unmask]> 2019-05-03 16:36
Hello!
I am wondering whether it is worth using a link resolver for two online services (EBSCO and NEJM). However I heavily rely on PubMed Linkout. Can anyone who is small non-academic, without residency program, have a link resolver? Any recommendations? Currently looking at Ebsco product, but depends on the price. I just put in for my budget and found out in December 2019, Linkout will be gone.
P.S. I must have missed the communication. I found out only when I got an email from Ebsco.
Filled: RE: ILL - Journal of the Association for Vascular Access David Owens <[log in to unmask]> 2019-05-03 08:37
P) 314 996 5531
MBMC Medical Library<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__search.ebscohost.com_login.aspx-3Fauthtype-3Duid-26user-3Dmbmc-26password-3Debsco-26profile-3Deds&d=DwIFAg&c=RYn7j5vsAd-LktzDTBPGzQ&r=PAhrqKE_ggAxyjPn4SNbDgCKUPCZdoOvGFiL_XcdpMs&m=BlA0AI9EQj66LxxBJzOzn719oDJS8w-OkeIeFn_Ugds&s=m3CeBUZ2E7i8uoeYh7ldNBWpKzuARCarFqvzFZo4cLg&e=>
ILL - Journal of the Association for Vascular Access David Owens <[log in to unmask]> 2019-05-03 08:15
P) 314 996 5531
MBMC Medical Library<http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=uid&user=mbmc&password=ebsco&profile=eds>
Modern Healthcare Metrics - Subscription Question David Owens <[log in to unmask]> 2019-05-02 08:57
P) 314 996 5531
MBMC Medical Library<http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=uid&user=mbmc&password=ebsco&profile=eds>
Re: consumerlab.com access? Hays, Vanessa <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-26 12:51
As far as I can tell, I think they are trustworthy. They are an independent lab, charge for their work and access, and make no bones about the fact that if the product doesn't measure up to what it says is on the bottle, it is not approved. Obviously not all products are tested, as it has to be initiated by the seller, but those that put their products through testing and pass can then use the ConsumerLab seal on their products and advertising. I also like their content - their reviews introduce the substance/supplement/product - what it is, what it does, etc., and they provide evidence based data with references. One can also search their Encyclopedia section, content provided by Ebsco, for conditions and see what has been used for treatment and the evidence.
consumerlab.com access? Rose, Pamela <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-26 12:39
As far as I can tell, I think they are trustworthy. They are an independent lab, charge for their work and access, and make no bones about the fact that if the product doesn't measure up to what it says is on the bottle, it is not approved. Obviously not all products are tested, as it has to be initiated by the seller, but those that put their products through testing and pass can then use the ConsumerLab seal on their products and advertising. I also like their content - their reviews introduce the substance/supplement/product - what it is, what it does, etc., and they provide evidence based data with references. One can also search their Encyclopedia section, content provided by Ebsco, for conditions and see what has been used for treatment and the evidence.
Re: Databases Patti Reynolds <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-23 11:49
> There's absolutely no point to teaching students the EBSCO interface
> to MEDLINE -- teach them how to use PUBMED, emphasizing that it is the
>
> Which all have and EBSCO interface.

Re: Databases Truex, Eleanor <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-23 11:31
Definitely PubMed. EBSCO's PsycInfo is also quite useful for nursing.
> There's absolutely no point to teaching students the EBSCO interface
> to MEDLINE -- teach them how to use PUBMED, emphasizing that it is the
>
> Which all have and EBSCO interface.

Re: Databases - Cochrane is not only available through EBSCO ... Carol Lefebvre <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-23 11:21
From: Carol Lefebvre <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Databases - Cochrane is not only available through EBSCO ...
W.r.t the comment below that the databases listed below "which all have and (sic) EBSCO interface", it should be noted, for example, with respect to Cochrane, that it is available through a number of different interfaces including also Wiley (Cochrane's publishing partner) and Ovid through their Evidence-Based Medicine Reviews (EBMR) product.

> Which all have and EBSCO interface.
Definitely PubMed. EBSCO's PsycInfo is also quite useful for nursing.
> There's absolutely no point to teaching students the EBSCO interface to
> MEDLINE -- teach them how to use PUBMED, emphasizing that it is the one
>
> Which all have and EBSCO interface.

Re: Databases Nickum, Annie <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-23 11:07
Definitely PubMed. EBSCO's PsycInfo is also quite useful for nursing.
> There's absolutely no point to teaching students the EBSCO interface to
> MEDLINE -- teach them how to use PUBMED, emphasizing that it is the one
>
> Which all have and EBSCO interface.

Re: Databases Karen Lee Martinez <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-23 11:04
> There's absolutely no point to teaching students the EBSCO interface to
> MEDLINE -- teach them how to use PUBMED, emphasizing that it is the one
>
> Which all have and EBSCO interface.

Re: Databases Turner,Kathleen <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-23 10:57
There's absolutely no point to teaching students the EBSCO interface to MEDLINE -- teach them how to use PUBMED, emphasizing that it is the one database they'll have available to them after graduation.
Which all have and EBSCO interface.
Re: Databases Wade, Sarah R <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-23 10:56

> Which all have and EBSCO interface.

Databases seconlibrary <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-23 10:29
Which all have and EBSCO interface.
2ND TRY: ILL - Organizational cultures, 2014 Frances Guinness (Western NSW LHD) <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-15 02:12
Hi all,
Still hoping that a kind soul can supply a copy of the reference below - the journal is available via a couple of Ebsco Business Source collections and Scopus held by my partner universities, but the issue containing this article is not included in any of them. Maybe someone has access to print?
Thanks in advance,
2ND TRY ILL: Bottom Line / Health, 2019 Frances Guinness (Western NSW LHD) <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-15 02:07
http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=rzh&AN=133917757&site=ehost-live&scope=site<https://clicktime.symantec.com/3WS1w7XmNboA57uvAGxJZ1Y7Vc?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebscohost.com%2Flogin.aspx%3Fdirect%3Dtrue%26db%3Drzh%26AN%3D133917757%26site%3Dehost-live%26scope%3Dsite>
EBSCO Dynamic Health Delawska-Elliott, Basia <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-12 11:38
Subject: EBSCO Dynamic Health
2. EBSCO Link Resolver
We are in the very early preliminary stages with EBSCO. We were told
they host, but library personnel would have to upload and maintain their
Contact:
Rob Swenson [log in to unmask]
TDNET: 3
EBSCO: 1
About 3 years ago I went with EBSCO’s link resolver. I am a solo
librarian at a single site. I wish the cost was less ($3,200 per year).
I got a lot of support from EBSCO for implementation. As a solo, that
was my most important need. If there are ever any issues, I can reach
out by email to EBSCO tech support, and I typically get help in 1-2
business days.
Re: Ref help for 2 searches Ruth Suhami <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-11 04:59
Searches were done in: PubMed, CINAHL, Nursing Reference Center, Embase, EBSCO Nursing Bks, ClinicalKey, Google/Google Scholar. Plus a few website.
Re: "Ending subscription to UpToDate" Regenberg, Patricia <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-10 15:01
I dropped our subscription to Up To Date years ago because they priced themselves out of the library budget. The doctors complained so much that the hospital pays for it separate from our budget. I subscribe to DynaMed Plus through EBSCO. I highly recommend it. It is evidence based and I think it is a great resource. Plus it is within my meager budget. We have had Up To Date linked to our electronic health record and now also have DynaMed Plus linked as well.
Ref help for 2 searches: 1) Changing indwelling urinary (Foley) catheters prior to obtaining a urine specimen/culture 2) Alcohol-impregnated swab caps & use of these on urine specimen sampling ports prior to obtaining specimen. Halyna Liszczynskyj <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-10 09:10
Searches were done in: PubMed, CINAHL, Nursing Reference Center, Embase, EBSCO Nursing Bks, ClinicalKey, Google/Google Scholar. Plus a few website.
FW: Organizational cultures, 2014 Frances Guinness (Western NSW LHD) <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-08 01:52
Hi all,
Can anyone supply a copy of the reference below? The journal is available via a couple of Ebsco Business Source collections and Scopus held by my partner universities, but the issue containing this article is not included in any of them.
Thanks in advance,
ILL: Bottom Line / Health, 2019 Frances Guinness (Western NSW LHD) <[log in to unmask]> 2019-04-03 18:41
http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=rzh&AN=133917757&site=ehost-live&scope=site<https://clicktime.symantec.com/3WS1w7XmNboA57uvAGxJZ1Y7Vc?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebscohost.com%2Flogin.aspx%3Fdirect%3Dtrue%26db%3Drzh%26AN%3D133917757%26site%3Dehost-live%26scope%3Dsite>
Re: [EXTERNAL] Role of Medical Library in Implementing Clinical Evidence-Based Software David Owens <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-27 16:00
I wanted to ask this wonderful group if any of you have the responsibility for getting vendor pricing and helping administer clinical evidence-based software tools like EBSCO's Dynamic Health and Wolters Kluwer's Up-to-Date? It seems a little outside of the scope of library database responsibility, so I thought I would ask other medical librarians if they have responsibility for this.
Re: Role of Medical Library in Implementing Clinical Evidence-Based Software Ascher, Marie <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-27 14:52
I wanted to ask this wonderful group if any of you have the responsibility for getting vendor pricing and helping administer clinical evidence-based software tools like EBSCO's Dynamic Health and Wolters Kluwer's Up-to-Date? It seems a little outside of the scope of library database responsibility, so I thought I would ask other medical librarians if they have responsibility for this.
Re: Role of Medical Library in Implementing Clinical Evidence-Based Software McAteer, Mary <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-27 14:07
I wanted to ask this wonderful group if any of you have the responsibility for getting vendor pricing and helping administer clinical evidence-based software tools like EBSCO's Dynamic Health and Wolters Kluwer's Up-to-Date? It seems a little outside of the scope of library database responsibility, so I thought I would ask other medical librarians if they have responsibility for this.
Re: Role of Medical Library in Implementing Clinical Evidence-Based Software Wade, Sarah R <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-27 13:34

> I wanted to ask this wonderful group if any of you have the responsibility for getting vendor pricing and helping administer clinical evidence-based software tools like EBSCO's Dynamic Health and Wolters Kluwer's Up-to-Date? It seems a little outside of the scope of library database responsibility, so I thought I would ask other medical librarians if they have responsibility for this.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Role of Medical Library in Implementing Clinical Evidence-Based Software Dean James <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-27 13:33
I wanted to ask this wonderful group if any of you have the responsibility for getting vendor pricing and helping administer clinical evidence-based software tools like EBSCO's Dynamic Health and Wolters Kluwer's Up-to-Date? It seems a little outside of the scope of library database responsibility, so I thought I would ask other medical librarians if they have responsibility for this.
Role of Medical Library in Implementing Clinical Evidence-Based Software Bridget Barry Thias <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-27 13:29
I wanted to ask this wonderful group if any of you have the responsibility for getting vendor pricing and helping administer clinical evidence-based software tools like EBSCO's Dynamic Health and Wolters Kluwer's Up-to-Date? It seems a little outside of the scope of library database responsibility, so I thought I would ask other medical librarians if they have responsibility for this.
federated search query Sharon Argov, Ed.D. <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-27 10:54
Dear Colleagues,
I would like to overlay a discovery or federated service to our electronic resources, such as EBSCO Discovery Service. I was wondering what you are using and if you are happy with it.
Thanks
Outside Tool on PubMEd using the EDS automatic ILL request form Harold Bright <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-25 14:32
Has anyone set up an "Outside Tool" on PubMed using the EDS ILL form that
Ebsco sets up for you on EDS?
Fwd: Article Brian McFerron <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-25 09:57
If anyone has the following, I would sincerely appreciate receiving this
article. I was able to pull up a similar article using EBSCO Academic
Search Premier last week.
Article Brian McFerron <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-25 09:05
If anyone has the following, I would sincerely appreciate receiving this
article. I was able to pull up a similar article using EBSCO Academic
Search Premier last week.
Disregard RE: ILL Request David Owens <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-14 08:29
P) 314 996 5531
MBMC Medical Library<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__search.ebscohost.com_login.aspx-3Fauthtype-3Duid-26user-3Dmbmc-26password-3Debsco-26profile-3Deds&d=DwIFAg&c=RYn7j5vsAd-LktzDTBPGzQ&r=PAhrqKE_ggAxyjPn4SNbDgCKUPCZdoOvGFiL_XcdpMs&m=iE0bngvcalh5XcN62t_qGG1kPaEa5Qyyf4QEI_lBTzo&s=IFMPO9BUK_zDSzX9L6pKTIpmfBXzW-RgDVVOjRpvKbo&e=>
ILL Request David Owens <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-14 08:22
P) 314 996 5531
MBMC Medical Library<http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=uid&user=mbmc&password=ebsco&profile=eds>
Re: [EXT] Discovery platforms Kraft, Michelle <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-13 19:16
It is my understanding that EBSCO has recently created a health sciences Discovery platform that does a better job finding CINAHL and PubMed articles as well as medical texts and journals by looking at MeSH and stuff.
It looked pretty good when they showed it to us and it got our interest. We’ve stayed out of the discovery layer world so far because we have been less than impressed as to how they work with medical. It appeared EBSCO’s health discovery product was better than the its generic one and the others out there. We don’t have it so I can’t tell you that for certain though.

> Would anyone have any comparisons to share in regards to ProQuest Dialog VS. EBSCO VS. Ovid? I am looking into a new platform to use. Comparisons of any, or information on any, would be much appreciated! I can also compile a list for any that are also interested. Thank you!

Discovery platforms Anna Bensch <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-13 15:13
Would anyone have any comparisons to share in regards to ProQuest Dialog VS. EBSCO VS. Ovid? I am looking into a new platform to use. Comparisons of any, or information on any, would be much appreciated! I can also compile a list for any that are also interested. Thank you!
Re: batch ordering via PMID - New Docline Préstamos Interbibliotecarios <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-13 14:54
> MBMC Medical Library<
> http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=uid&user=mbmc&password=ebsco&profile=eds

Re: batch ordering via PMID - New Docline Julie Stielstra <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-13 12:46
> MBMC Medical Library<
> http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=uid&user=mbmc&password=ebsco&profile=eds

batch ordering via PMID - New Docline David Owens <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-13 12:37
P) 314 996 5531
MBMC Medical Library<http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=uid&user=mbmc&password=ebsco&profile=eds>
Re: Locating Tests, Questionnaires, Scales, etc. Truex, Eleanor <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-12 11:12
If your library subscribes to HAPI<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebsco.com%2Fproducts%2Fresearch-databases%2Fhealth-and-psychosocial-instruments-hapi&amp;data=02%7C01%7CEleanor.Truex%40amitahealth.org%7C7cfe1230918f4cc67b9008d6a6fc539e%7Cf81dc21ac1e5436c8b05d5f08b5a92bd%7C0%7C0%7C636880000016656293&amp;sdata=JpeznTsVvVXjEKFOsjw47RlLZeJblX%2FXI%2FiGvb%2BXzXw%3D&amp;reserved=0> (Health and Psychosocial Instruments), you can get information there. TBH I usually just start by Googling the test to see who developed it and whether it's commercially licensed (as is often the case). Sometimes you have to email the researchers who developed it to purchase a license. In this case, the original report<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov%2Fpubmed%2F9472239&amp;data=02%7C01%7CEleanor.Truex%40amitahealth.org%7C7cfe1230918f4cc67b9008d6a6fc539e%7Cf81dc21ac1e5436c8b05d5f08b5a92bd%7C0%7C0%7C636880000016656293&amp;sdata=DPi1uRSkfJIe38nN01p3rwxMtJ0Jd1WwGfbVFq8M1cM%3D&amp;reserved=0> about the test is in PubMed. It looks like the article contains the full instrument (Table 1) and guidelines for administration and scoring, but you might email the author to double-check.
Re: Locating Tests, Questionnaires, Scales, etc. Andrew L Hickner <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-12 11:06
If your library subscribes to HAPI<https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebsco.com%2Fproducts%2Fresearch-databases%2Fhealth-and-psychosocial-instruments-hapi&amp;data=01%7C01%7Candrew.hickner%40SHU.EDU%7C796090f218044ea9261808d6a6f89cca%7C51f07c2253b744dfb97ca13261d71075%7C1&amp;sdata=5z5cGb2zi5At%2F850kr6HhWanKw1PPJhSfeZTImhHTik%3D&amp;reserved=0> (Health and Psychosocial Instruments), you can get information there. TBH I usually just start by Googling the test to see who developed it and whether it's commercially licensed (as is often the case). Sometimes you have to email the researchers who developed it to purchase a license. In this case, the original report<https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov%2Fpubmed%2F9472239&amp;data=01%7C01%7Candrew.hickner%40SHU.EDU%7C796090f218044ea9261808d6a6f89cca%7C51f07c2253b744dfb97ca13261d71075%7C1&amp;sdata=LE6bpC9MTahLYzypMbbwTS%2BLRshZ68ZnZAZHOmlxoV4%3D&amp;reserved=0> about the test is in PubMed. It looks like the article contains the full instrument (Table 1) and guidelines for administration and scoring, but you might email the author to double-check.
Re: Locating Tests, Questionnaires, Scales, etc. Truex, Eleanor <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-12 10:40
If your library subscribes to HAPI<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebsco.com%2Fproducts%2Fresearch-databases%2Fhealth-and-psychosocial-instruments-hapi&amp;data=02%7C01%7CEleanor.truex%40AMITAHEALTH.ORG%7C71678f9bab4a4e91192708d6a3fd8e9f%7Cf81dc21ac1e5436c8b05d5f08b5a92bd%7C0%7C0%7C636876706751068099&amp;sdata=d5EIMhs11lqmrV9sECzvs960m7Ya7lH1%2FVLn%2BZBqdI8%3D&amp;reserved=0> (Health and Psychosocial Instruments), you can get information there. TBH I usually just start by Googling the test to see who developed it and whether it's commercially licensed (as is often the case). Sometimes you have to email the researchers who developed it to purchase a license. In this case, the original report<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov%2Fpubmed%2F9472239&amp;data=02%7C01%7CEleanor.truex%40AMITAHEALTH.ORG%7C71678f9bab4a4e91192708d6a3fd8e9f%7Cf81dc21ac1e5436c8b05d5f08b5a92bd%7C0%7C0%7C636876706751068099&amp;sdata=W0p8qvlcKE2u0Ngx2RQpniRlI0%2Frnt%2Ba3xyS8i7lr4Y%3D&amp;reserved=0> about the test is in PubMed. It looks like the article contains the full instrument (Table 1) and guidelines for administration and scoring, but you might email the author to double-check.
Re: MD vs DO searching Trey Lemley <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-11 17:38
Margaret, in an EBSCO database, if you use the field code "AF" for "Author
Affiliation," and then enter the degree in the search box to the left, you
Re: Locating Tests, Questionnaires, Scales, etc. Ratajeski, Melissa Anne <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-08 16:09
If your library subscribes to HAPI<https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebsco.com%2Fproducts%2Fresearch-databases%2Fhealth-and-psychosocial-instruments-hapi&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cmar%40PITT.EDU%7Ce05ade0289254acda1ba08d6a3fd8e34%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C636876706745262706&amp;sdata=GsBbYjK9roh8U%2BvxMGWIpCfm1sNXIOobXnQHxQbtqIk%3D&amp;reserved=0> (Health and Psychosocial Instruments), you can get information there. TBH I usually just start by Googling the test to see who developed it and whether it's commercially licensed (as is often the case). Sometimes you have to email the researchers who developed it to purchase a license. In this case, the original report<https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov%2Fpubmed%2F9472239&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cmar%40PITT.EDU%7Ce05ade0289254acda1ba08d6a3fd8e34%7C9ef9f489e0a04eeb87cc3a526112fd0d%7C1%7C0%7C636876706745262706&amp;sdata=1O5mrQa5AwwtYzNxcgguhBPfJWetkKOrJXhPxs7IHOE%3D&amp;reserved=0> about the test is in PubMed. It looks like the article contains the full instrument (Table 1) and guidelines for administration and scoring, but you might email the author to double-check.
Re: Locating Tests, Questionnaires, Scales, etc. Andrew L Hickner <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-08 15:37
If your library subscribes to HAPI<https://www.ebsco.com/products/research-databases/health-and-psychosocial-instruments-hapi> (Health and Psychosocial Instruments), you can get information there. TBH I usually just start by Googling the test to see who developed it and whether it's commercially licensed (as is often the case). Sometimes you have to email the researchers who developed it to purchase a license. In this case, the original report<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9472239> about the test is in PubMed. It looks like the article contains the full instrument (Table 1) and guidelines for administration and scoring, but you might email the author to double-check.
Re: [**WARNING** EXTERNAL MAIL] IGI Global Infosci Mastin, Lisa E <[log in to unmask]> 2019-03-01 10:52
I do know of this company - they are legitimate but some consider them a "vanity publisher." Definitely not a "predatory publisher" though. And last year EBSCO and other legitimate vendors started offering their products.
Re: Ideas for non-clinical research question scenarios for resident teaching Hanson, Ardis <[log in to unmask]> 2019-02-28 13:17
Can you assess ahead of time to see how advanced they are in their searching skills (familiarity with PubMed/Ovid/EBSCO Medline?) and their skill at using a framework like PICO to break questions down into searchable concepts? That would help to determine what scope you need to cover.
Re: Ideas for non-clinical research question scenarios for resident teaching Jessica Decaro <[log in to unmask]> 2019-02-28 09:53
Can you assess ahead of time to see how advanced they are in their
searching skills (familiarity with PubMed/Ovid/EBSCO Medline?) and their
skill at using a framework like PICO to break questions down into
?: Cochrane on OVID v. EbscoHost Bissonnette, Bette <[log in to unmask]> 2019-02-27 12:40
From: "Bissonnette, Bette" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: ?: Cochrane on OVID v. EbscoHost
Is there any difference between the Cochrane databases in OVID's EBMR and on EbscoHost?
Hospital Patient Transfer or Access Policy David Owens <[log in to unmask]> 2019-02-27 11:06
F) 314 996 5031
MBMC Medical Library<http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=uid&user=mbmc&password=ebsco&profile=eds>
[bims-librar] 2019-02-24, fourteen selections Thomas Krichel <[log in to unmask]> 2019-02-23 23:14
DATA SOURCE: Cochrane Library, Cumulative Index of Nursing and Health
Literature, OVID, PubMed, EBSCO Host databases, and Google Scholar.
REVIEW METHOD: The primary Search terms and MeSH terms used were health
[bims-librar] 2019-02-10, twenty-two selections Thomas Krichel <[log in to unmask]> 2019-02-11 00:40
the sensitivity and precision of the filters. The performance of two
previously published filters and the filter built into EBSCOhost was
evaluated.
selected based on title and abstract information, is available for
identifying reports of RCTs in the CINAHL Plus database via EBSCOhost. Using
this filter is likely to reduce the number of results needing to be screened
Re: Comparison Discover Systems Anna Bensch <[log in to unmask]> 2019-02-08 10:10
Does anyone have a comparison they are willing to share on EBSCO versus OVID Discovery platforms - pros/cons, relative costs ?
Comparison Discover Systems Linda M Schwartz <[log in to unmask]> 2019-02-08 10:01
Does anyone have a comparison they are willing to share on EBSCO versus OVID Discovery platforms - pros/cons, relative costs ?
FILLED: Ann Intern Med. 2012 Jul 3;157(1):ITC1-16 Carlos Alberto Castañeda Toro <[log in to unmask]> 2019-02-04 10:58
Dear friends, we are needing the following article. We have access to this journal in EBSCO, but they dont put the full text of the "In the clinics ITC" section:
ILL: Ann Intern Med. 2012 Jul 3;157(1):ITC1-16 Carlos Alberto Castañeda Toro <[log in to unmask]> 2019-02-04 10:36
Dear friends, we are needing the following article. We have access to this journal in EBSCO, but they dont put the full text of the "In the clinics ITC" section:
Re: Search assistance, please Andrew L Hickner <[log in to unmask]> 2019-02-04 10:11
Re: Ref: Alternative medicine databases and medical anthropologist King, Fred <[log in to unmask]> 2019-01-28 13:17
2. Alternative Medicine database other than EBSCO AltHealth Watch that may have information on bush tea
Ref: Alternative medicine databases and medical anthropologist Bissonnette, Bette <[log in to unmask]> 2019-01-28 12:48
2. Alternative Medicine database other than EBSCO AltHealth Watch that may have information on bush tea
[bims-librar] 2019-01-27, eleven selections Thomas Krichel <[log in to unmask]> 2019-01-27 03:21
Register of Controlled Trials, CABI Global Health (Ovid), WHO global health
library, POPLINE, Africa-Wide Information (Ebsco), Library, Information
Science & Technology Abstracts (Ebsco), ClinicalTrials.gov and WHO
International Clinical Trials Registry Platform. Also, the Health
Re: ClinicalKey and JACC journals Yanicke, Joan <[log in to unmask]> 2019-01-22 13:26
We have not experienced what you are dealing with but our access to Chest now has a 12 month embargo. Shades of Ebsco! Like you, I could use it just fine in December. I'm not liking these changes, and even more I am not liking the fact that they just "sneak" them in with no warning.
Re: MLA 2019 cost Amy Blevins <[log in to unmask]> 2019-01-22 11:46
- Deadline to apply is Feb. 25th
- Criteria is similar to EBSCO grant
---
I have not found that to be the case. We mostly use Chrome at my two libraries, and it works great, though there are some bugs when you get "inside' either EBSCO and ProQuest. Where it kind of falls down is if you want to do anything but a direct download of results, but there is a nice user created add-on that enables you to make a decent APA formatted bib out of the results, which some of my users prefer. I think you get more than what you pay for, considering it's free! :)
---
Re: [EXT] Chat: Opinions on Zotero? Ver Steeg, Jennie <[log in to unmask]> 2019-01-08 12:44
I have not found that to be the case. We mostly use Chrome at my two libraries, and it works great, though there are some bugs when you get "inside' either EBSCO and ProQuest. Where it kind of falls down is if you want to do anything but a direct download of results, but there is a nice user created add-on that enables you to make a decent APA formatted bib out of the results, which some of my users prefer. I think you get more than what you pay for, considering it's free! :)
ClinicalTrials.gov Webinar, Jan. 28, 2019 Anna Ferri <[log in to unmask]> 2019-01-07 20:34
* April 22nd 2pm EST - Roundtable on How to Teach PubMed
Innovative teaching techniques for PubMed and Medline (EBSCO platform)
Please contact me directly if you have any questions!
MLA/CDS Richards Prize nominations sought Carol Seiler <[log in to unmask]> 2019-01-04 12:05
Sender: Medical Libraries Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From: Carol Seiler <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: MLA/CDS Richards Prize nominations sought
The deadline for nominations is February 1, 2019 at 5:00 PM central time. Self-nominations are acceptable. Nominations need to include complete names of authors, addresses, institutional affiliations, and the complete citation along with a final version of the work. E-mail nominations to Carol Seiler, Awards Committee Chair at cseiler AT ebsco.com. Notification to the winner and the winner's institution, and announcements in Developments and MLA News will be made prior to the annual MLA meeting in Chicago.
Account Services Manager for AZ, CA, HI, NM, TX
EBSCO Information Services
Mobile: 205.790.1666
Tel/ voice mail: 800.356.0245 x 9002
www.ebsco.com<http://www.ebsco.com/>
EBSCO Information Services Releases Serials Price Projection Report for 2019: https://www.ebsco.com/news-center/press-releases/ebsco-information-services-releases-serials-price-projection-report-2019
REC Training & Development Spencer, Angela J <[log in to unmask]> 2018-12-12 11:15
I can't seem to find the right ISSN for this journal. Looking for:
http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/90278436/finding-model-managing-change
Finding a Model for managing change - Lewis- Training & Development 2012 39(5) 6-7
ILL Training & Development Spencer, Angela J <[log in to unmask]> 2018-12-12 11:08
I can't seem to find the right ISSN for this journal. Looking for:
http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/90278436/finding-model-managing-change
Finding a Model for managing change - Lewis- Training & Development 2012 39(5) 6-7
Re: Looking for e-book access Hu, Man Hwa <[log in to unmask]> 2018-12-12 10:58
EBSCOHost Collection Manager has the title. See the screenshot below.
Re: For those who have Ebsco EDS and UpToDate Eve O.Melton <[log in to unmask]> 2018-12-06 20:27
From: "Eve O.Melton" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: For those who have Ebsco EDS and UpToDate
Comments: To: "Beals, Brynn (Tacoma)" <[log in to unmask]>
According to the EDS Wiki, UptoDate is not a database currently available in EDS. Granted, the last time they updated the posting it was Aug 2017.
http://edswiki.ebscohost.com/Databases_not_currently_available_in_EDS
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: For those who have Ebsco EDS and UpToDate
Publisher's Site<http://admin.ebscohost.com/adminweb/holdings/holdings/titleDetail/146116/0>
Selected <http://admin.ebscohost.com/adminweb/holdings/titles?searchTerm=UpToDate&resultsPerPage=20&pageIndex=1&pubSearchTarget=0&selShowType=0&pubType=0&sortType=1>
UpToDate<http://admin.ebscohost.com/adminweb/holdings/holdings/titleDetail/146116/12395>
Not Selected <http://admin.ebscohost.com/adminweb/holdings/titles?searchTerm=UpToDate&resultsPerPage=20&pageIndex=1&pubSearchTarget=0&selShowType=0&pubType=0&sortType=1>
Add Title to Custom Package<http://admin.ebscohost.com/adminweb/holdings/titles?searchTerm=UpToDate&resultsPerPage=20&pageIndex=1&pubSearchTarget=0&selShowType=0&pubType=0&sortType=1>
To: [log in to unmask]; MEDLIB-L
Subject: For those who have Ebsco EDS and UpToDate
See attached. In Ebsco Holdings Management, which one of these (or both?) should I select for UpToDate?
FW: For those who have Ebsco EDS and UpToDate Beals, Brynn (Tacoma) <[log in to unmask]> 2018-12-06 18:57
From: "Beals, Brynn (Tacoma)" <[log in to unmask]>
Comments: To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Publisher's Site<http://admin.ebscohost.com/adminweb/holdings/holdings/titleDetail/146116/0>
Selected <http://admin.ebscohost.com/adminweb/holdings/titles?searchTerm=UpToDate&resultsPerPage=20&pageIndex=1&pubSearchTarget=0&selShowType=0&pubType=0&sortType=1>
UpToDate<http://admin.ebscohost.com/adminweb/holdings/holdings/titleDetail/146116/12395>
Not Selected <http://admin.ebscohost.com/adminweb/holdings/titles?searchTerm=UpToDate&resultsPerPage=20&pageIndex=1&pubSearchTarget=0&selShowType=0&pubType=0&sortType=1>
Add Title to Custom Package<http://admin.ebscohost.com/adminweb/holdings/titles?searchTerm=UpToDate&resultsPerPage=20&pageIndex=1&pubSearchTarget=0&selShowType=0&pubType=0&sortType=1>
To: [log in to unmask]; MEDLIB-L
See attached. In Ebsco Holdings Management, which one of these (or both?) should I select for UpToDate?
For those who have Ebsco EDS and UpToDate Beals, Brynn (Tacoma) <[log in to unmask]> 2018-12-06 18:45
From: "Beals, Brynn (Tacoma)" <[log in to unmask]>
Comments: To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
See attached. In Ebsco Holdings Management, which one of these (or both?) should I select for UpToDate?
PICOT search David Owens <[log in to unmask]> 2018-11-29 14:42
Hello All - I'm having some trouble assisting staff nurse with this search. Being a staff of one, I'm reaching out to my list-serv for help. Does anybody have any suggestions for finding information on this? I have Ebsco & Ovid at my disposal, but haven't had any luck with those databases.
vague citation information - Unable to find article per Physician request David Owens <[log in to unmask]> 2018-11-14 09:02
If you have a second, would you mind looking at this? I've had no luck so far in Ebsco & Ovid databases.
Re: Librarians and PICO Nichols, William <[log in to unmask]> 2018-11-06 09:16
We understand there's been some concern and conversation around EBSCO Health's blog post and white paper: Seven Steps to the Perfect PICO Search Strategy. The opening paragraph of the white paper states, "Depending on your role in the clinical environment - librarian, nurse or student nurse - you may possess some of the skills needed, but not all. For example, librarians are generally well-versed in conducting literature reviews but may be unfamiliar with using the PICO search strategy to facilitate their literature search."
In this paper, we refer to librarians, not specifically medical librarians. Many of our customers have librarians working in the clinical arena who do not have a health science specialty, yet are still tasked with assisting clinical staff with literature searches. In fact, nearly 90 percent of attendees of an EBSCO Health webinar on PICO search strategy were librarians, with many commenting that this was their first introduction to PICO searching.
Ellen Westling MLS,MBA
Senior Engagement Manager - EBSCO Health
800-653-2726 x2223
Re: Librarians and PICO Truex, Eleanor <[log in to unmask]> 2018-11-05 18:19
[...]
Re: Librarians and PICO Sprague, Gwen E <[log in to unmask]> 2018-11-05 17:55
[...]
Librarians and PICO Ellen Westling <[log in to unmask]> 2018-11-05 17:29
Sender: Medical Libraries Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From: Ellen Westling <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Librarians and PICO
[...]
OpenAthens Conference 2019 – early-bird tickets now on sale! Michelle Silvestre <[log in to unmask]> 2018-11-05 12:56
Dan Ramsden, creative director for user experience architecture at the BBC will open the conference with his keynote speech 'Three models for UX design'. We'll also hear from Russell Palmer, assistant director for support services at GALILEO, the virtual library for the state of Georgia in the US and senior training specialist at EBSCO, Cindy Slater, who is flying in from Australia to present a case study on clinician training in Queensland's public health sector.
Re: Librarians ...may be unfamiliar with using PICO Simon Alberici <[log in to unmask]> 2018-11-05 06:20
I glanced down the paper and notice she uses the advanced search for her ORs - I find it better to use basic and work from the search history. I don't know if there's any accepted best practice when it comes to this, but generally the advanced search misleads students, so our EBSCO products defaults to the basic search as the home page.
Forwarding from another list with Poh's permission. Ms. Jensen's email is [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> should you feel the need to make your thoughts known.
I saw in Ebsco Health Notes, a page introducing Seven Steps to the Perfect PICO Search<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__health.ebsco.com_blog_article_seven-2Dsteps-2Dto-2Dthe-2Dperfect-2Dpico-2Dsearch&d=DwMFAg&c=lC2BOuyTwLhYUwx2vqZp6A4NC8GJH--j-GtKaBDeEwM&r=dOnG_WbsqEr_daUMW6cS-izAgpScffKqZ8a20PEVwvOdzIGX7zNblpIu-Ci8Pi1T&m=prPGatEJLopsYCug42MkoEkiBStZ_o5OyFiRZMfKEj4&s=ihahtwDXQGOkP27aYLbVNws2MeTLjV-PhAldSy85Bjs&e=>. I read the introductory paragraph and was offended by this sentence, "For example, librarians are generally well-versed in conducting literature reviews but may be unfamiliar with using the PICO search strategy to facilitate their literature search".
Re: Librarians ...may be unfamiliar with using PICO Reich, Barbara <[log in to unmask]> 2018-11-02 07:38
Forwarding from another list with Poh's permission. Ms. Jensen's email is [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> should you feel the need to make your thoughts known.
I saw in Ebsco Health Notes, a page introducing Seven Steps to the Perfect PICO Search<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__health.ebsco.com_blog_article_seven-2Dsteps-2Dto-2Dthe-2Dperfect-2Dpico-2Dsearch&d=DwMFAg&c=lC2BOuyTwLhYUwx2vqZp6A4NC8GJH--j-GtKaBDeEwM&r=dOnG_WbsqEr_daUMW6cS-izAgpScffKqZ8a20PEVwvOdzIGX7zNblpIu-Ci8Pi1T&m=prPGatEJLopsYCug42MkoEkiBStZ_o5OyFiRZMfKEj4&s=ihahtwDXQGOkP27aYLbVNws2MeTLjV-PhAldSy85Bjs&e=>. I read the introductory paragraph and was offended by this sentence, "For example, librarians are generally well-versed in conducting literature reviews but may be unfamiliar with using the PICO search strategy to facilitate their literature search".
FW: Librarians ...may be unfamiliar with using PICO Reich, Barbara <[log in to unmask]> 2018-11-02 06:58
Forwarding from another list with Poh's permission. Ms. Jensen's email is [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> should you feel the need to make your thoughts known.
I saw in Ebsco Health Notes, a page introducing Seven Steps to the Perfect PICO Search<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__health.ebsco.com_blog_article_seven-2Dsteps-2Dto-2Dthe-2Dperfect-2Dpico-2Dsearch&d=DwMFAg&c=lC2BOuyTwLhYUwx2vqZp6A4NC8GJH--j-GtKaBDeEwM&r=dOnG_WbsqEr_daUMW6cS-izAgpScffKqZ8a20PEVwvOdzIGX7zNblpIu-Ci8Pi1T&m=prPGatEJLopsYCug42MkoEkiBStZ_o5OyFiRZMfKEj4&s=ihahtwDXQGOkP27aYLbVNws2MeTLjV-PhAldSy85Bjs&e=>. I read the introductory paragraph and was offended by this sentence, "For example, librarians are generally well-versed in conducting literature reviews but may be unfamiliar with using the PICO search strategy to facilitate their literature search".
ILL: International SportMed Journal - Curr Med Chem. gassem mbarek <[log in to unmask]> 2018-10-31 09:21
https://journals.co.za/content/ismj/15/4/EJC164099
http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/112373957/prevalence-determinants-anabolic-steroid-use-among-fitness-centre-attendees-lebanon
Re: EBSCO Discovery Service Health Altonen, Rhonda L <[log in to unmask]> 2018-10-30 13:04
From: "Altonen, Rhonda L" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: EBSCO Discovery Service Health
Anyone using EBSCO Discovery Service Health? Looking for feedback, please respond off list.
Job Opening - Metadata and Digital Initiatives Librarian - Boston Kaplan, Richard <[log in to unmask]> 2018-10-29 16:23
* Familiarity with XML, EAD, EBSCO EDS, BIBFRAME, JavaScript, XSLT
* Experience with institutional repositories, open access, and open education resources
[bims-librar] 2018-10-28, four selections Thomas Krichel <[log in to unmask]> 2018-10-28 03:27
healthcare facilities.
METHODS: A literature search on PubMed, Web of Science, and Ebscohost
(Academic Search Premier, ERIC, CINAHL, and MEDLINE) was conducted using the
FILLED: ED Nursing. 2004;7(6):65-66 Goodman, Karen <[log in to unmask]> 2018-10-23 10:10
Want to boost morale? Try creative scheduling: flexibility helps recruitment, retention. ED Nursing. 2004;7(6):65-66. http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ccm&AN=106671654&site=eds-live. Accessed October 23, 2018.
ILL REQUEST: ED Nursing. 2004;7(6):65-66 Goodman, Karen <[log in to unmask]> 2018-10-23 09:59
Want to boost morale? Try creative scheduling: flexibility helps recruitment, retention. ED Nursing. 2004;7(6):65-66. http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ccm&AN=106671654&site=eds-live. Accessed October 23, 2018.
ILL request Kevin Mohammed <[log in to unmask]> 2018-10-09 08:30
Mental Health Services for Medical Students - Time to Act<http://ejournals.ebsco.com/Article.asp?ContributionID=46616717>
New England Journal of Medicine<http://ejournals.ebsco.com/Journal.asp?JournalID=102417>, Volume 379, Number 13 (September 2018)<http://ejournals.ebsco.com/Issue.asp?IssueID=2420023>
ILL: Davies, C. C., Lengerich, A., Bugajski, A., & Brockopp, D. (2018). Detecting Change in Activity Using the Patient-Specific Functional Scale With Breast Cancer Survivors. Rehabilitation Oncology, 36(2), 117–122. https://doi-org.frontier.idm.oclc.org/10.1097/01.REO.0000000000000080 Aimee Niles <[log in to unmask]> 2018-10-08 10:31
https://frontier.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=c8h&AN=129149979&site=ehost-live