Help for Since

Help for Until

LIST.UVM.EDU ( 100 Matches )

More Hits

Subject

From

Date

Time

Re: QUERY: Chat/Ask a Librarian feature on web site Heather Stevens <[log in to unmask]> 2020-12-08 17:13
Jolene Miller replied:
We are using LibH3lp (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https*3A*2F*2Furldefense.com*2Fv3*2F__https*3A*2F*2Flibraryh3lp.com*2F__*3B!!G054beKsZp_u!z9IjtL4Z7umnmXbag3gMaNqF9Nyor7Ga_NUkBBVD0m2EmyQ7idBr8mTuzsmglQ*24&amp;data=04*7C01*7CJolene.Miller*40utoledo.edu*7Cf8a271bf38884371d07408d898ab7d16*7C1d6b1707baa94a3da8f8deabfb3d467b*7C0*7C0*7C637427210383321368*7CUnknown*7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0*3D*7C1000&amp;sdata=JTkaSUivAA*2FrckAzyoGsNsJiof27aZ8uq60xDVD*2F8x4*3D&amp;reserved=0__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSU!!G054beKsZp_u!1Yq5yBevjvUrNUHEPVBvFC9rbqzuTkWouisaWxMlj9bNZ7Puqruwn8IINDOh2g$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https*3A*2F*2Furldefense.com*2Fv3*2F__https*3A*2F*2Flibraryh3lp.com*2F__*3B!!G054beKsZp_u!z9IjtL4Z7umnmXbag3gMaNqF9Nyor7Ga_NUkBBVD0m2EmyQ7idBr8mTuzsmglQ*24&amp;data=04*7C01*7CJolene.Miller*40utoledo.edu*7Cf8a271bf38884371d07408d898ab7d16*7C1d6b1707baa94a3da8f8deabfb3d467b*7C0*7C0*7C637427210383321368*7CUnknown*7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0*3D*7C1000&amp;sdata=JTkaSUivAA*2FrckAzyoGsNsJiof27aZ8uq60xDVD*2F8x4*3D&amp;reserved=0__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSU!!G054beKsZp_u!1Yq5yBevjvUrNUHEPVBvFC9rbqzuTkWouisaWxMlj9bNZ7Puqruwn8IINDOh2g$> ). It was selected by our main campus library. We have two queues - one for them and one for us. A couple of years ago, we changed a setting that had the chat window popup on our pages (prior to that, we had a chat link that people had to intentionally click. You can see it here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https*3A*2F*2Furldefense.com*2Fv3*2F__https*3A*2F*2Fwww.utoledo.edu*2Flibrary*2Fmulford*2F__*3B!!G054beKsZp_u!z9IjtL4Z7umnmXbag3gMaNqF9Nyor7Ga_NUkBBVD0m2EmyQ7idBr8mSDQ7berw*24&amp;data=04*7C01*7CJolene.Miller*40utoledo.edu*7Cf8a271bf38884371d07408d898ab7d16*7C1d6b1707baa94a3da8f8deabfb3d467b*7C0*7C0*7C637427210383321368*7CUnknown*7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0*3D*7C1000&amp;sdata=TKAeSBvtfo9q4tyfMSR1hBB24CRSERTd6roTH5sQIDA*3D&amp;reserved=0__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSU!!G054beKsZp_u!1Yq5yBevjvUrNUHEPVBvFC9rbqzuTkWouisaWxMlj9bNZ7Puqruwn8Kka6UlUg$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https*3A*2F*2Furldefense.com*2Fv3*2F__https*3A*2F*2Fwww.utoledo.edu*2Flibrary*2Fmulford*2F__*3B!!G054beKsZp_u!z9IjtL4Z7umnmXbag3gMaNqF9Nyor7Ga_NUkBBVD0m2EmyQ7idBr8mSDQ7berw*24&amp;data=04*7C01*7CJolene.Miller*40utoledo.edu*7Cf8a271bf38884371d07408d898ab7d16*7C1d6b1707baa94a3da8f8deabfb3d467b*7C0*7C0*7C637427210383321368*7CUnknown*7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0*3D*7C1000&amp;sdata=TKAeSBvtfo9q4tyfMSR1hBB24CRSERTd6roTH5sQIDA*3D&amp;reserved=0__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSU!!G054beKsZp_u!1Yq5yBevjvUrNUHEPVBvFC9rbqzuTkWouisaWxMlj9bNZ7Puqruwn8Kka6UlUg$> (you may need to be on the page a bit before the chat window appears). I like the platform. It's easy to use - from both sides. It has the option for canned messages for common questions, which helps. We have it on our web pages, some of our databases (like EBSCOhost), and LibGuides.
Re: Feedback on APA PsycTests vs. Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI) Stephen L. Clancy <[log in to unmask]> 2020-12-04 19:48
I did notice that it appears to be available on a variety of commonly used platforms, EBSCOHost (https://www.ebsco.com/products/research-databases/apa-psyctests), ProQuest (https://about.proquest.com/products-services/psyctests.html), and Ovid (https://www.ovid.com/product-details.10528.html). It's also apparently available directly from the APA via the APA PsycNet(r) platform (https://www.apa.org/pubs/databases/psyctests?tab=2).
Re: ILS or LMS recommendation? King, Fred <[log in to unmask]> 2020-12-03 17:55
We have EBSCO Discovery Service and I'm not sure that we need this level of a cataloging system at this point.
ILS or LMS recommendation? Eshleman, Virginia <[log in to unmask]> 2020-12-03 16:21
We have EBSCO Discovery Service and I'm not sure that we need this level of a cataloging system at this point.
ILL Request - Modern Healthcare, November 2020 Article (No known volume, issue, or pagination information) Wilkins, Lawren A <[log in to unmask]> 2020-11-30 08:46
I have sent the request to numerous libraries in Docline and none have been able to fill it even though they too subscribe to this publication. My theory is that because it's so recent, it may only be available directly through the publisher. We have access to this title through EBSCOHost and I suspect that most other libraries do too (thus, the difficulty in filling the request through Docline). So, in an effort to save time (since there is no way to limit the request to only those who directly subscribe to the publisher and this request has been bouncing around for days), I have decided to try on here. Do any of you have a direct subscription to Modern Healthcare? If so, could you provide us with this article? Thanks so much!
ILL from CINAHL Nursing Guide, Nursing Reference Center Liz Giese <[log in to unmask]> 2020-11-20 17:24
Pravikoff, D, ed.
http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=nup&AN=T705205.
Re: Implementing a discovery system? Basia Delawska-Elliott <[log in to unmask]> 2020-11-05 16:54
Are you thinking of implementing a discovery system from EBSCO, ProqQuest, Ovid, etc? Or do you have one and realize it is not discovering what you thought it should discover?
An Additional Revision of UpToDate Versus DynaMed plus Micromedex with Watson Rothbaum, Ellen <[log in to unmask]> 2020-11-05 11:38
d. Pricing was more acceptable
e. The relationship with the EBSCO representatives was more collegial, and they were more willing to work with them, as opposed to UTD’s "take it or leave it" attitude
f. Some of UTDs communications with their physicians were neither acceptable nor professional
Has anyone done a comparison or have an opinion of EBSCO's latest update of DynaMed plus Micromedex with Watson? I am especially interested in how it directly compares with UTD.
Implementing a discovery system? Kraft, Michelle <[log in to unmask]> 2020-11-05 09:52
Are you thinking of implementing a discovery system from EBSCO, ProqQuest, Ovid, etc? Or do you have one and realize it is not discovering what you thought it should discover?
We have found that the metadata for the resources that many of these discovery products use to "discover" can vary considerably and impact your discovery systems results.
SUMMARY: UpToDate Versus DynaMed plus Micromedex with Watson Rothbaum, Ellen <[log in to unmask]> 2020-11-04 08:12
Has anyone done a comparison or have an opinion of EBSCO's latest update of DynaMed plus Micromedex with Watson? I am especially interested in how it directly compares with UTD.
Pricing was more acceptable
The relationship with the EBSCO representatives was more collegial, and they were more willing to work with them, as opposed to UTD’s "take it or leave it" attitude
Some of UTDs communications with their physicians were neither acceptable nor professional
UpToDate Versus DynaMed plus Micromedex with Watson Rothbaum, Ellen <[log in to unmask]> 2020-11-03 07:55
Has anyone done a comparison or have an opinion of EBSCO's latest update of DynaMed plus Micromedex with Watson? I am especially interested in how it directly compares with UTD.
Dual page numbers in old JAMA volumes - explanation Hess, Wendy <[log in to unmask]> 2020-10-22 12:53
It does make a problem for citations in EBSCO like the one I had. It just said page 201. Without the online copies people sent me I never would have known it was actually on page 135.
Re: ? Spanish language healthcare journals Gerardo Gutierrez <[log in to unmask]> 2020-10-13 20:59
1.- MedicLatina from Ebsco
2.- Redalyc
ILL: Modern Healthcare report: Largest healthcare management consulting firms, 2020 published Aug 24, 2020 p. 42 Short, Alexandra <[log in to unmask]> 2020-10-09 11:23
Our system CEO wants a report from Modern Healthcare that is only available to premium subscribers and not through our EBSCO subscription. I would be very appreciative if someone could provide this for me.
Re: Question on how RSS feeds work Robert Badgett <[log in to unmask]> 2020-09-25 19:03
We also subscribe to Medline Complete (EBSCOHost), and Ovid Medline. I verified that RSS feeds created on those systems for the purpose of alerts only return the latest updates since the last feed.
Question on how RSS feeds work Stephen L. Clancy <[log in to unmask]> 2020-09-25 18:58
We also subscribe to Medline Complete (EBSCOHost), and Ovid Medline. I verified that RSS feeds created on those systems for the purpose of alerts only return the latest updates since the last feed.
Sharing information on LibKey and QxMD Basia Delawska-Elliott <[log in to unmask]> 2020-09-23 17:54
We are using LibKey. I just added a LibKey.io DOI/PMID search box to the Library Portal and activated the LibKey Nomad extension in Firefox. I've activated it in Ovid and plan to activate it in Ebsco and Google Scholar. I haven't heard a lot of feedback from library patrons, but it seems like a nobrainer. What could be better than one-click access to PDFs? I certainly like it because it reduces the processing time for article requests, whether they're internal or lending requests.
From a librarian’s point of view, LibKey is much easier for both using and managing.  We also have it integrated within our EBSCO’s Full Text Finder, whereas READ doesn’t have that option.
Ebook repositories Michele Sensano <[log in to unmask]> 2020-09-17 16:58
I'm going to show my ignorance, please bear with me...my manager is asking me to go through our print collection and see if ebook access is available and the cost. I know about R2, how else do you handle your ebooks? All of our current ebooks are either through ClinicalKey, or very old titles at Ebsco. Any other options?
Re: Website/Journal vendor Recommendations Annie Zeidman-Karpinski <[log in to unmask]> 2020-09-11 02:33
Additionally, we currently use WTCox as our journal subscription vendor. I have a quote coming from both WTCox and EBSCO for journal subscriptions.
Website/Journal vendor Recommendations Eshleman, Virginia <[log in to unmask]> 2020-09-09 15:26
Additionally, we currently use WTCox as our journal subscription vendor. I have a quote coming from both WTCox and EBSCO for journal subscriptions.
Primary Research Group Inc., has published Survey of Academic Library Use of Open Access Materials, ISBN 978-1-57440-650-4 James Moses <[log in to unmask]> 2020-08-25 09:23
the Registry of Research Data Repositories, MedEdPortal, the Open Access
Directory, OpenDOAR, the Free Music Archive, EBSCO Open Dissertations,
Science.Gov, OpenStax, MERLOT, Lumen Learning, the Open Course Library,
Re: Ref? : Print books and online - are both needed in an accredited two year nursing school? Wade, Sarah R <[log in to unmask]> 2020-08-21 17:45
I am the liaison to the nursing program at my university. We have a print collection that is housed in our main campus library. I purchase for that and also keep my eye out for anything else nursing related that comes my way. We don't have a specific nursing ebook collection. We do have nursing ebooks though that are scattered throughout our electronic collection that we buy through various other vendors like EBSCO, Proquest, and Credo. I would like to buy a nursing specific collection but our budget has been cut significantly and the director of the nursing program has never seemed interested. I hope this helps with your question.
I don't think the small print collection is being utilized much. The previous library director had purchased the EBSCO nursing collection so there is that. They also kept mentioning that the students all had the online version of their textbooks through the scratch-off (and was probably all they needed.).
Would a library need a print/online book collection? Does the format matter? What are other CON Libraries doing?
Re: McGraw Hill Medical Victoria Flores <[log in to unmask]> 2020-08-19 12:47
Current email from EBSCO:
Service Issue Reported – Personal User Authentication/EBSCO Admin Statistics & Reporting
EBSCO Customer Support has received reports of issues with Personal User and Single Sign-On Authentication. We are investigating additional reports that the EBSCOAdmin Reports & Statistics features is not currently accessible. Our engineering teams are currently investigating the issue and we will update this page when more information is available.
Re: [EXTERNAL] Ref? : Print books and online - are both needed in an accredited two year nursing school? Bogino, Marlowe A <[log in to unmask]> 2020-08-18 07:30
I don't think the small print collection is being utilized much. The previous library director had purchased the EBSCO nursing collection so there is that. They also kept mentioning that the students all had the online version of their textbooks through the scratch-off (and was probably all they needed.).
Would a library need a print/online book collection? Does the format matter? What are other CON Libraries doing?
Ref? : Print books and online - are both needed in an accredited two year nursing school? Halyna Liszczynskyj <[log in to unmask]> 2020-08-17 16:07
I don't think the small print collection is being utilized much. The previous library director had purchased the EBSCO nursing collection so there is that. They also kept mentioning that the students all had the online version of their textbooks through the scratch-off (and was probably all they needed.).
Would a library need a print/online book collection? Does the format matter? What are other CON Libraries doing?
Re: trying to purchase online AMA Manual of Style - can anyone help me contact OUP for quote and setup? Transue, Beth <[log in to unmask]> 2020-08-13 09:29
I've asked our electronic resources librarian to contact EBSCO. Should hopefully get this in place by the time classes start!
ILL- 11 Articles Layal Hneiny <[log in to unmask]> 2020-07-21 04:44
10- http://web.a.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail/detail?vid=0&sid=f1bdee66-3ead-411e-b84f-ff72dff2e543%40sdc-v-sessmgr02&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#AN=106424040&db=ccm
Article Title: Newer antipsychotics raise risk of thrombosis
Position Announcement: Saint Barnabas Medical Center - Director of Medical Library Tricia Reusing <[log in to unmask]> 2020-07-18 09:31
databases such as PubMed, Ovid Medline, CINAHL, Nursing Reference Center
Plus, other EBSCO databases, Clinical Key, and Google Scholar
- Teaching search skills and demonstrate how to use various online
Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Single Institutional License to Book in AccessMedicine Gluck, Jeannine <[log in to unmask]> 2020-07-14 07:40
> It's a shame because I would buy copies of quite a few of their titles if
> they offered them through EBSCO, R2, or another aggregator.

Re: Single Institutional License to Book in AccessMedicine Bogino, Marlowe A <[log in to unmask]> 2020-07-14 07:14
My understanding is that McGraw-Hill only provides institutions access to their eBooks through subscriptions to the bundles (e.g., AccessMedicine). It's a shame because I would buy copies of quite a few of their titles if they offered them through EBSCO, R2, or another aggregator.
Re: Single Institutional License to Book in AccessMedicine Julie Evener <[log in to unmask]> 2020-07-13 15:14
My understanding is that McGraw-Hill only provides institutions access to their eBooks through subscriptions to the bundles (e.g., AccessMedicine). It's a shame because I would buy copies of quite a few of their titles if they offered them through EBSCO, R2, or another aggregator.
Re: PubMed Outside Tool setup assistance Paul Tremblay <[log in to unmask]> 2020-07-10 07:57
e-journals thru a proxied URL, or any other means? Because this is what the
URLs should reflect, especially in the link resolver. Ebsco should
absolutely be able to help on that. Strange that they can't.
> linkout and where that should be done ? Our library IT has followed all
> the steps suggested by EBSCO and NLM but with no success.
>
> everything, or just about. There was no need to set up anything with our IT
> dept, so not sure what went wrong with Ebsco. Could you be more specific as
> to the problems/issues?
> We seem to have hit a snag in setting up our Outside Tool link for the new
> PubMed. The guide from NLM and the Ebsco (since we have Ebsco
> Linkresolver) have not been any help. Our linkout setup worked perfectly
Re: PubMed Outside Tool setup assistance Devind Peter <[log in to unmask]> 2020-07-10 07:39
Thanks for your response. We cannt seem to pick up any of our subscriptions. We not sure how the url should change like what we had for linkout and where that should be done ? Our library IT has followed all the steps suggested by EBSCO and NLM but with no success.
In our case we have Ovid Link Resolver, and Ovid basically took care of everything, or just about. There was no need to set up anything with our IT dept, so not sure what went wrong with Ebsco. Could you be more specific as to the problems/issues?
We seem to have hit a snag in setting up our Outside Tool link for the new PubMed. The guide from NLM and the Ebsco (since we have Ebsco Linkresolver) have not been any help. Our linkout setup worked perfectly and to this our users got attached. Is there anyone who can help or direct me to someone who could help our IT with the setup. We followed the set instructions but still have issues.
Re: PubMed Outside Tool setup assistance Paul Tremblay <[log in to unmask]> 2020-07-10 07:28
everything, or just about. There was no need to set up anything with our IT
dept, so not sure what went wrong with Ebsco. Could you be more specific as
to the problems/issues?
> We seem to have hit a snag in setting up our Outside Tool link for the new
> PubMed. The guide from NLM and the Ebsco (since we have Ebsco
> Linkresolver) have not been any help. Our linkout setup worked perfectly
PubMed Outside Tool setup assistance Devind Peter <[log in to unmask]> 2020-07-10 07:09
We seem to have hit a snag in setting up our Outside Tool link for the new PubMed. The guide from NLM and the Ebsco (since we have Ebsco Linkresolver) have not been any help. Our linkout setup worked perfectly and to this our users got attached. Is there anyone who can help or direct me to someone who could help our IT with the setup. We followed the set instructions but still have issues.
FILLED: International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management Esther Garcia <[log in to unmask]> 2020-06-29 11:24
SID
EBSCO:Gale Academic OneFile:edsgcl.159599040
ILL: International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management Esther Garcia <[log in to unmask]> 2020-06-29 09:40
SID
EBSCO:Gale Academic OneFile:edsgcl.159599040
ILL Filled from Fatigue Dalton, Deborah <[log in to unmask]> 2020-06-23 07:32
I'd recommend Ebsco's Alternative and Complementary Medicine database, which we've used.
CINAHL Complete
Nursing Reference Center (syncs with CINAHL and EBSCO ebooks)
StatRef for any ebook titles you can't get from ClinicalKey or EBSCO
Clinical Key for Nursing
EBSCO Nursing Reference Center Plus
Lippincott Procedures
Get nursing ebook collections from R2 and/or EBSCO
Get ejournal collections from EBSCO or Ovid
JBI from Ovid
CINAHL Complete (has large journal collection) from EBSCO
RefQ: Natural Medicines alternative Teolis, Marilyn G. <[log in to unmask]> 2020-06-18 13:12
I'd recommend Ebsco's Alternative and Complementary Medicine database, which we've used.
Re: Clinical Decision Support Systems? Dixon, Angela (Miner Library) <[log in to unmask]> 2020-05-26 09:32
I know Ebsco has Isabel (though I don't know if you can enter in lab
values) and McGraw-Hill has Diagnosaurus, but I figure with the increase in AI and machine learning, there has to be more tools out there.
Clinical Decision Support Systems? Molly Montgomery <[log in to unmask]> 2020-05-26 08:52
I know Ebsco has Isabel (though I don't know if you can enter in lab
values) and McGraw-Hill has Diagnosaurus, but I figure with the increase in
Mandarin and EDS Lasner Frater, Lara <[log in to unmask]> 2020-05-07 11:21
Is anyone using Mandarin ILS? Can you contact me offlist and let me know what you think? We’re trying to move to a more simple catalog and letting the discovery layer do most of the work. I’m especially looking for libraries that use it with the EBSCO discovery layer.
ILL: ebook chap - Nursing peer review : a practical, nonpunitive approach to case review 2015 Linden, Danielle <[log in to unmask]> 2020-05-04 12:04
Hi, hoping someone here can fill via their Ebsco ebook collection. Docline request has gone unfilled. I can pay via EFTS if need be. Thanks in advance!!
Re: ILL: Research, Society & Development, 9(1) - full text on open access in Portuguese for machine translation Carol Lefebvre <[log in to unmask]> 2020-04-28 11:37
According to my EBSCO database, this article should be available in English and Portuguese but I cannot find the English version. Am I missing something?
ILL: Research, Society & Development, 9(1) Bissonnette, Bette <[log in to unmask]> 2020-04-28 10:43
According to my EBSCO database, this article should be available in English and Portuguese but I cannot find the English version. Am I missing something?
Best way to search, update, and compile related studies of medications used to treat COVID-19 Eshleman, Virginia <[log in to unmask]> 2020-04-17 11:20
http://tools.ovid.com/coronavirus/
https://covid-19.ebscomedical.com/health-care-professionals
https://covid-19.ebscomedical.com/research
https://www.nejm.org/coronavirus
[bims-librar] 2020-04-12, twenty-five selections Thomas Krichel <[log in to unmask]> 2020-04-12 00:11
(ProQuest), Web of Science (Core Collection), Scopus (Elsevier), and
Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (EBSCO). A total of
6,593 citations were screened against predefined inclusion and exclusion
Re: COVID-19 Portal - Help us help you Carol Seiler <[log in to unmask]> 2020-04-08 09:31
Sender: Medical Libraries Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From: Carol Seiler <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: COVID-19 Portal - Help us help you
Thank you for your feedback and input on the COVID-19 portal https://covid-19.ebscomedical.com/. We have utilized your input to update the portal to make it even more useful to librarians, clinicians, researchers and other healthcare professionals. This is a portal to valid, reliable information from a variety of free and open sources across vendors, publishers and governments. We thank you for your support of this portal and welcome your continued feedback.
Account Services Manager for AZ, Northern CA, HI, NM, TX
EBSCO Information Services
Mobile: 205.790.1666
Tel/ voice mail: 800.356.0245 x 9002
www.ebsco.com<http://www.ebsco.com/>
EBSCO's COVID-19 Resources<https://www.ebsco.com/covid-19-resources#sect0>
https://www.ebsco.com/covid-19-resources
From Distance Learning to Remote Work to Managing Stress, to the status of print publications from various publishers - EBSCO has created this portal to support all of our customers and prospects that are now working virtually/remotely to help them stay productive during COVID-19.
COVID-19 information portal
https://covid-19.ebscomedical.com/
This portal links to valid, reliable free resources for health professionals, clinicans, researchers. It includes news feeds, CIDRAP maps and visuals, open source information, and more. Please click "recommend a resource" to add your discoveries.
Sender: Medical Libraries Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From: Carol Seiler <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: COVID-19 Portal - Help us help you
It is my pleasure to bring you this message from Brian Alper, MD, Chief Medical Knowledge Officer, EBSCO Information Services:
EBSCO Information Services has been asked by many communities for information support (for both finding COVID-19 information and sharing such information with others). We have been in multiple meetings with people from government agencies, healthcare systems, universities, and industry in collaborative dialogs about better ways to provide information support in a knowledge ecosystem. On Friday, March 13 we started asking these groups, "What can we do now?" While methods of further collaboration are still to be developed, EBSCO Information Services is creating a COVID-19 Portal. You can use it freely at https://covid-19.ebscomedical.com/.
Chief Medical Knowledge Officer, EBSCO Information Services
Founder of DynaMed
Balper [at] ebsco.com
Account Services Manager for AZ, Northern CA, HI, NM, TX
EBSCO Information Services
Mobile: 205.790.1666
Tel/ voice mail: 800.356.0245 x 9002
www.ebsco.com<http://www.ebsco.com/>
Serials Price Projection Report for 2020 along with a Five Year Journal Price Increase History is available at https://journals.ebsco.com/products-services/explore-content
EBSCO Stacks and EDS Johnson, Cynthia F. <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-17 08:50
From: "Johnson, Cynthia F." <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: EBSCO Stacks and EDS
Does anyone use EBSCO's Stacks with EDS? We do and we would like to speak virtually with other medical library users of these systems. Thank you. /Cynthia
Re: Resources with Free COVID-19 Portals Steelman, Susan C <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-13 16:20
A colleague and I put together a libguide for this topic. On one page we have listed several of the portals that are offering free access to their coronavirus info. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ucsd.libguides.com_c.php-3Fg-3D1007062-26p-3D7297359&d=DwIFAw&c=27AKQ-AFTMvLXtgZ7shZqsfSXu-Fwzpqk4BoASshREk&r=oyG7oqwXNm1xUdbG18sLNB_o6jfeijNPnGZeln2xElQ&m=5LQ_XCh6OPW6sg9MGIQT-Y2P5EseqgcfoJ6BdfwpM4U&s=SvTt674ZCLgLInzxyjbw9Sf8aFeI_p15imTMHST4u9k&e=
EBSCO may have put their effort into their DynmaMed page which is currently free.
Why hasn't NRC+ (Nursing Reference Center Plus, an EBSCO product) done this? I just entered COVID-19 and got zero results. I input coronavirus and got MERS and SARS, which while interesting, are not quite the same.
Re: Resources with Free COVID-19 Portals Summary List/Please Stop Inundating Me... lol Turner,Kathleen <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-13 13:16
Why hasn't NRC+ (Nursing Reference Center Plus, an EBSCO product) done this? I just entered COVID-19 and got zero results. I input coronavirus and got MERS and SARS, which while interesting, are not quite the same.
Re: Resources with Free COVID-19 Portals Unger, Elisabeth (NIH/NLM) [E] <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-13 12:56
> https://ucsd.libguides.com/c.php?g=1007062&p=7297359
> EBSCO may have put their effort into their DynmaMed page which is
> currently free.
>
> Why hasn't NRC+ (Nursing Reference Center Plus, an EBSCO product) done
> this? I just entered COVID-19 and got zero results. I input
Re: Resources with Free COVID-19 Portals Summary List/Please Stop Inundating Me... lol Stone, Marissa R. <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-13 12:23
Why hasn't NRC+ (Nursing Reference Center Plus, an EBSCO product) done this? I just entered COVID-19 and got zero results. I input coronavirus and got MERS and SARS, which while interesting, are not quite the same.
FW: Resources with Free COVID-19 Portals Summary List/Please Stop Inundating Me... lol Truex, Eleanor <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-13 12:09
Why hasn't NRC+ (Nursing Reference Center Plus, an EBSCO product) done this? I just entered COVID-19 and got zero results. I input coronavirus and got MERS and SARS, which while interesting, are not quite the same.
Re: Resources with Free COVID-19 Portals María Bibliovirtual <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-13 12:00
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ucsd.libguides.com_c.php-3Fg-3D1007062-26p-3D7297359&d=DwIFAw&c=27AKQ-AFTMvLXtgZ7shZqsfSXu-Fwzpqk4BoASshREk&r=oyG7oqwXNm1xUdbG18sLNB_o6jfeijNPnGZeln2xElQ&m=5LQ_XCh6OPW6sg9MGIQT-Y2P5EseqgcfoJ6BdfwpM4U&s=SvTt674ZCLgLInzxyjbw9Sf8aFeI_p15imTMHST4u9k&e=
> EBSCO may have put their effort into their DynmaMed page which is
> currently free.
>
> Why hasn't NRC+ (Nursing Reference Center Plus, an EBSCO product) done
> this? I just entered COVID-19 and got zero results. I input coronavirus
Re: Resources with Free COVID-19 Portals Steelman, Susan C <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-13 11:57
A colleague and I put together a libguide for this topic. On one page we have listed several of the portals that are offering free access to their coronavirus info. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ucsd.libguides.com_c.php-3Fg-3D1007062-26p-3D7297359&d=DwIFAw&c=27AKQ-AFTMvLXtgZ7shZqsfSXu-Fwzpqk4BoASshREk&r=oyG7oqwXNm1xUdbG18sLNB_o6jfeijNPnGZeln2xElQ&m=5LQ_XCh6OPW6sg9MGIQT-Y2P5EseqgcfoJ6BdfwpM4U&s=SvTt674ZCLgLInzxyjbw9Sf8aFeI_p15imTMHST4u9k&e=
EBSCO may have put their effort into their DynmaMed page which is currently free.
Why hasn't NRC+ (Nursing Reference Center Plus, an EBSCO product) done this? I just entered COVID-19 and got zero results. I input coronavirus and got MERS and SARS, which while interesting, are not quite the same.
Re: APA citation style help Megan Jaskowiak <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-13 11:42

> I found EBSCO not to be very reliable and quite a tedious process. The new
> Pubmed does have that option (thanks Bette B. for pointing it out) but only
Re: APA citation style help Andrew L Hickner <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-13 11:16
I found EBSCO not to be very reliable and quite a tedious process. The new Pubmed does have that option (thanks Bette B. for pointing it out) but only allows one citation at a time.
APA citation style help Hanzazi, Mounia <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-13 11:01
I found EBSCO not to be very reliable and quite a tedious process. The new Pubmed does have that option (thanks Bette B. for pointing it out) but only allows one citation at a time.
Re: Resources with Free COVID-19 Portals T Trammell <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-13 10:59
> coronavirus info. https://ucsd.libguides.com/c.php?g=1007062&p=7297359
> EBSCO may have put their effort into their DynmaMed page which is
> currently free.
>
> Why hasn't NRC+ (Nursing Reference Center Plus, an EBSCO product) done
> this? I just entered COVID-19 and got zero results. I input coronavirus
Re: Resources with Free COVID-19 Portals Heskett, Karen <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-13 10:52
A colleague and I put together a libguide for this topic. On one page we have listed several of the portals that are offering free access to their coronavirus info. https://ucsd.libguides.com/c.php?g=1007062&p=7297359
EBSCO may have put their effort into their DynmaMed page which is currently free.
Why hasn't NRC+ (Nursing Reference Center Plus, an EBSCO product) done this? I just entered COVID-19 and got zero results. I input coronavirus and got MERS and SARS, which while interesting, are not quite the same.
Re: Resources with Free COVID-19 Portals Angela Spencer <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-13 10:49
Why hasn't NRC+ (Nursing Reference Center Plus, an EBSCO product) done this? I just entered COVID-19 and got zero results. I input coronavirus and got MERS and SARS, which while interesting, are not quite the same.
Resources with Free COVID-19 Portals Truex, Eleanor <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-13 10:05
Why hasn't NRC+ (Nursing Reference Center Plus, an EBSCO product) done this? I just entered COVID-19 and got zero results. I input coronavirus and got MERS and SARS, which while interesting, are not quite the same.
Re: Updated-Re: SUMMARY-Re: CHAT: Nursing Procedures Resources Rob Penfold <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-09 18:46
One more that was just mentioned:
EBSCOs Dynamic Health:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://health.ebsco.com/products/dynamic-health__;!!GHMCuE2BZP0!bqf6XfmvKDF4MUblZ1jOV2O8HEYqbtv_t6yU2L9RjRZUiF5yjwI9RcdhmCStvoH2UdwMaw$
Nursing Reference Center Plus (EBSCO)
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ebscohost.com/nursing/products/nursing-reference-center-plus__;!!GHMCuE2BZP0!bqf6XfmvKDF4MUblZ1jOV2O8HEYqbtv_t6yU2L9RjRZUiF5yjwI9RcdhmCStvoGO4XfJhw$
Are there other electronic resources that contain nursing procedures other than EBSCO's Nursing Reference Center Plus?  We have it already, but I've been asked to locate others.  I know in years past Lippincott had a similar product.
Updated-Re: SUMMARY-Re: CHAT: Nursing Procedures Resources Harris, Tonia O. <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-06 16:42
One more that was just mentioned:
EBSCOs Dynamic Health:
https://health.ebsco.com/products/dynamic-health
Nursing Reference Center Plus (EBSCO
https://www.ebscohost.com/nursing/products/nursing-reference-center-plus
Are there other electronic resources that contain nursing procedures other than EBSCO's Nursing Reference Center Plus?  We have it already, but I've been asked to locate others.  I know in years past Lippincott had a similar product.
SUMMARY-Re: CHAT: Nursing Procedures Resources Harris, Tonia O. <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-06 14:38
Nursing Reference Center Plus (EBSCO
https://www.ebscohost.com/nursing/products/nursing-reference-center-plus
Are there other electronic resources that contain nursing procedures other than EBSCO's Nursing Reference Center Plus?  We have it already, but I've been asked to locate others.  I know in years past Lippincott had a similar product.
Re: CHAT: Nursing Procedures Resources MacMaster, Marian <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-05 07:19
Are there other electronic resources that contain nursing procedures other than EBSCO's Nursing Reference Center Plus? We have it already, but I've been asked to locate others. I know in years past Lippincott had a similar product.
I will summarize for the list if there is interest.
CHAT: Nursing Procedures Resources Harris, Tonia O. <[log in to unmask]> 2020-03-04 15:18
Are there other electronic resources that contain nursing procedures other than EBSCO's Nursing Reference Center Plus? We have it already, but I've been asked to locate others. I know in years past Lippincott had a similar product.
I will summarize for the list if there is interest.
EbscoHost vs Similar vendor products Trish Reid <[log in to unmask]> 2020-02-20 13:20
From: Trish Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: EbscoHost vs Similar vendor products
I'm looking for experiences/feeedback or recommendations on the use of
EbscoHost vs other vendor products for hospital libraries.
We are currently using EbscoHost but have found usage declining year after
year as our patrons needs have changed. I'm wondering if there are better
FILLED FW: Urgent ILL : J Hum Nutr Diet May Gerges Harfouche Samaha <[log in to unmask]> 2020-02-06 01:08
http://web.b.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail/detail?vid=3&sid=d31252c1-3ee3-4000-bad6-c0c4b4a1e267%40pdc-v-sessmgr06&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d
Urgent ILL : J Hum Nutr Diet May Gerges Harfouche Samaha <[log in to unmask]> 2020-02-06 01:04
http://web.b.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail/detail?vid=3&sid=d31252c1-3ee3-4000-bad6-c0c4b4a1e267%40pdc-v-sessmgr06&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d
Questions for EDS users Lasner Frater, Lara <[log in to unmask]> 2020-01-24 12:09
Can those who used Ebsco Discovery Service, EDS, can you tell me what ILS works the best with it.
REF: EBSCOhost or Proquest? Atkinson, Marj <[log in to unmask]> 2020-01-22 09:42
From: "Atkinson, Marj" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: REF: EBSCOhost or Proquest?
Which do you prefer, EBSCOhost or Proquest, and briefly, why? I did search the archives but the latest I could find on this subject was in 2015.
REF: EBSCOhost or Proquest? Bissonnette, Bette <[log in to unmask]> 2020-01-21 09:17
From: "Bissonnette, Bette" <[log in to unmask]>
From: Michele Sensano <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FILLED: ILL: Harvard Business Review (Not EBSCO please)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXTERNAL] ILL: Harvard Business Review (Not EBSCO please)
I have a patron looking for the following article and I am unable to access it through our EBSCO subscription:
ILL: Harvard Business Review (Not EBSCO please) Michele Sensano <[log in to unmask]> 2020-01-17 13:21
From: Michele Sensano <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: ILL: Harvard Business Review (Not EBSCO please)
I have a patron looking for the following article and I am unable to access it through our EBSCO subscription:
Got it!: Hopefully the third request is the charm! We only need the supplemental materials Brian Baker <[log in to unmask]> 2020-01-16 11:47
Someone must subscribe to Respiratory Care directly, and not through EBSCO.
Access Lab 2020 programme and tickets now live! Michelle Silvestre <[log in to unmask]> 2020-01-16 11:12
Access Lab 2020 is kindly supported by EBSCO, ISOxford, Lean Library, Research Information, TDNet and Third Iron.
Hopefully the third request is the charm! We only need the supplemental materials Brian Baker <[log in to unmask]> 2020-01-16 10:48
Someone must subscribe to Respiratory Care directly, and not through EBSCO.
ILL: Second try - Respir Care 2019 64(10) 1240-49 SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL only Michele Sensano <[log in to unmask]> 2020-01-14 12:50
It looks like some libraries get the journal through EBSCO, which does not include supplements.
ILL: Respir Care 2019 64(10) 1240-49 SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL only Michele Sensano <[log in to unmask]> 2020-01-09 13:58
It looks like some libraries get the journal through EBSCO, which does not include supplements.
ILL Victoria Flores <[log in to unmask]> 2019-12-30 14:31
EBSCO:ERIC:ED367220
Article Victoria Flores <[log in to unmask]> 2019-12-30 14:05
EBSCO:ERIC:ED367220
[bims-librar] 2019-12-22, eight selections Thomas Krichel <[log in to unmask]> 2019-12-21 22:50
research and its health implications.
METHODS: We searched EBSCOhost Academic Search Complete, PubMed, and Web of
Science in January 2016, April 2017, and November 2017, with the following
Library access for research park tenants - summary Scott Thomson <[log in to unmask]> 2019-12-17 16:32
hospital library collections for the non-university staff, paid for by the
hospitals (generally, Ebsco Medline Complete + Dynamed).
SAML Error Question Abigail Smith <[log in to unmask]> 2019-12-12 18:05
time out limit has been reached. Our IT department has tried to work
with Citrix and I’ve tried to communicate with EBSCO (our host for
OpenAthens) to resolve this issue and configure the settings so this
FILLED Educational Studies, March, 2019 Bissonnette, Bette <[log in to unmask]> 2019-12-05 15:41
We have been unable to get this article in Docline and there is an 18 month embargo on EBSCO. Can anyone help?
We have been unable to get this article in Docline and there is an 18 month embargo on EBSCO. Can anyone help?
ILL: Educational Studies, March, 2019 Bissonnette, Bette <[log in to unmask]> 2019-12-05 09:38
We have been unable to get this article in Docline and there is an 18 month embargo on EBSCO. Can anyone help?
Re: [EXTERNAL] Articles assisting with Online tools for Generation Z's learning style(s) Hanzazi, Mounia <[log in to unmask]> 2019-12-02 08:16
2) Try searching ERIC (Education Resources Information Center) at ERIC.gov. It's the US Department of Education's version of PubMed - a free database of citations and abstracts centered about educational research. The Department of Education's interface is kind of clunky, but If you have any EBSCO products, EBSCO will add ERIC for free, and you can search ERIC on the EBSCO platform.
When I do various searched via OVID, Pubmed and EBSCO, I do come across info on Generation Z or Gamification but I rarely find articles addressing specific solutions and tools to teach generation Z. As soon as I make my Boolean search a bit more complex, nothing comes up.
Re: [EXTERNAL] Articles assisting with Online tools for Generation Z's learning style(s) Heimlich, Layla <[log in to unmask]> 2019-11-29 09:50
2) Try searching ERIC (Education Resources Information Center) at ERIC.gov. It's the US Department of Education's version of PubMed - a free database of citations and abstracts centered about educational research. The Department of Education's interface is kind of clunky, but If you have any EBSCO products, EBSCO will add ERIC for free, and you can search ERIC on the EBSCO platform.
When I do various searched via OVID, Pubmed and EBSCO, I do come across info on Generation Z or Gamification but I rarely find articles addressing specific solutions and tools to teach generation Z. As soon as I make my Boolean search a bit more complex, nothing comes up.
Articles assisting with Online tools for Generation Z's learning style(s) Hanzazi, Mounia <[log in to unmask]> 2019-11-28 10:16
When I do various searched via OVID, Pubmed and EBSCO, I do come across info on Generation Z or Gamification but I rarely find articles addressing specific solutions and tools to teach generation Z. As soon as I make my Boolean search a bit more complex, nothing comes up.

LIST.UVM.EDU