CONSBIO Archives

September 2006

CONSBIO@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
john abbott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UVM Conservation Biology Discussion Group <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:25:43 -0500
FYI....

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Benjamin Adler" <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Tue Sep 26, 2006  9:00:53 AM US/Central
> To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
> [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
> [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],
> Subject: The Legend of Don Dicisco
>
> Dear Office of Student Life,
>

> Hello,
>
> my name is Benjy Adler. I am a resident of Burlington.
>
> I am writing to tell you about a really compelling festival happening
> on Saturday (9/30) in Williston, called the Legend of Don Dicisco
> (www.dondicisco.org). It is a non-profit, completely powered by solar
> and
> veggie-oil generators. There will be great local music, art, and
> lectures on ecology and sustainability. Performing musicians/groups
> include: Classic Consort, Doug Perkins, PanAshe, Paul Asbell and The
> Nicholas Cassarino Ensemble. Lecturers include Tom Wessels, Dan Wells,
> the
> Vermont Institute of Natural Science and more. Included in the price
> of admission is also an amazing feast of all local foods.
>
> This event is 'Solar-Fest' meets 'Burning-man', with a vivid message
> about sustainability and the importance of local vitality. If possible
> and appropriate, please forward this message on to interested faculty
> and students. I assure you that anyone who attends the event will
> appreciate having been informed.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Benjy Adler
> 802-598-3028

John Abbott						    phone 	656.2060
Asst. Director of Student Life			    e-mail	[log in to unmask]
Outdoor Programs						fax	656.7731

Dept. of Student Life
University of Vermont
48 University Pl.
Burlington, VT 05405

"It's the simple things in life that separate the peasants from our
leaders and determine the difference between the walkers and the
sleepers..."
					-anonymous, graffiti in williams 4th men's room