>From George Plumb:
Hi all, As you fill out your year 2000 calendars be sure to put down Tuesday,
January 11, 5:30 PM, Memorial Room, Montpelier City Hall for our next
meeting. Attached is the draft agenda, to be refined at the start of the
meeting. The main item of business is a plan of work for the year 2000 which
is also attached. Also attached is a membership form. I hope that all of you
will join, as I and several others have, by the time of the meeting. I have
also pasted the agenda and work plan below. We are now ready to really move
ahead in the year 2000 and I look forward to working with you. George
BICYCLE/PEDESTRIAN COALITION AGENDA
Tuesday, January 11, 5:30 PM
Memorial, City Hall, Montpelier, Vermont
Item-Responsible Time Outcomes
Notes from Previous Meeting-Bud 5:30 Approval
Chairís Report -George 5:35 Update
Treasurerís Report-Dave 5:40 Update
Old Business & Reports
Legislation -David Jacobowitz 5:45 Report
Town Contacts-Bunky 5:50 Report
Bicycle/Pedestrian Coordinatorís Report-Amy 5:55 Report
Other Old Business 6:10
Items for Discussion and Action
Adoption of Work Plan for 2,000 6:15 Refine and Adopt A Work Plan
Other New Business
Please confirm with George Plumb if you will be attending.
VERMONT BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN COALITION PLAN OF WORK
The VB&PC needs one or more volunteers to accomplish each of the following.
* Hold a retreat to revisit mission, vision and goals and organizational
structure of the VBPC.
* Review and update the bylaws.
* Develop a budget.
* Develop a fund raising program.
* Develop a plan for hiring an executive director.
* Elect officers.
* Apply for 501 (c) (3) status.
* Develop a Share The Road educational program and implement the first
* Evaluate the infrastructure-funding program and make recommendations for
* Review bicycling and walking sections of the Vermont Statutes and make
recommendations for legislative changes.
* Develop a program for increasing membership.
* Develop a logo. (to include both bicycling and walking!)
* Develop a brochure.
* Upgrade website.
* Develop a bumper sticker.
* Develop a t-shirt.
Peter K. Duval +1 802 899 1132
98 Sleepy Hollow Road fax: 899 2430
Essex Junction, VT 05452-2798 [log in to unmask]
USA (from home) www.uvm.edu/~pduval
VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L: The Vermont Bicycle and Pedestrian Policy Discussion List
Subscription control: http://list.uvm.edu/archives/vtbikepedpolicy-l.html.
For help: email [log in to unmask] with the word "help" in the message body.