LISTSERV mailing list manager LISTSERV 16.5

Help for VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L Archives


VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L Archives

VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L Archives


VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L@LIST.UVM.EDU


View:

Message:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Topic:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

By Author:

[

First

|

Previous

|

Next

|

Last

]

Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

LISTSERV Archives

VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L Home

VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L Home

VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L  January 2000

VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L January 2000

Subject:

Fw: Meeting Notes Jan 11

From:

George Plumb <[log in to unmask]>

Reply-To:

George Plumb <[log in to unmask]>

Date:

Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:38:41 -0500

Content-Type:

multipart/mixed

Parts/Attachments:

Parts/Attachments

text/plain (100 lines) , VBPC Notes 01-11-00.wps (100 lines) , Bike-Ped Membership.doc (100 lines) , Membership List.doc (100 lines) , 2000 Work Plan.doc (100 lines)

Hi all,

Attached and pasted below are Bud's notes of our meeting of January 11.
Also attached is a revised work plan including the changes we made to it.
As you know Peter has sent an excellent letter to Rep. Kitzmiller and I have
send a letter inviting her to our next meeting on March at City Hall in
Montpelier.

Also attached is a list of people who have paid their dues for the current
year. Again, I urge you all to pay dues if you have not done so both to
give us some funds for our ambitious work plan and as a sign of your
commitment. As of the end of the month I will only mail directly to people
who have paid their dues although those who are on the list serve will
receive a copy from there. A membership form is attached if you do not have
one.

George


----- Original Message -----
From: "Haas/Davidow" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "George Plumb" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000 8:09 PM
Subject: Meeting Notes Jan 11


Here are the Jan 11 Meeting Notes/Minutes:
_____________________________________

Meeting Notes
 VERMONT BICYCLE/PEDESTRIAN COALITION
Montpelier, Tuesday, Jan 11, 1999
Attending: George Plumb,Tony Redington, Amy Bell, Kevin Besset, Dave
Jacobowitz, Dave Cunningham, Dale Crictlow, Rick Good, Peter Duval, Kathy
Davidow, Bud Haas
Meeting Called to Order by Chair, George Plumb at 5:45 PM.
Meeting Notes for Oct 19, 1999: Approved.
Report of the Chair:
-George reported receiving a VLCT draft of a model municipal policy which
included positive bike ped stuff.
-He asked all members of VBPC to pay dues. George wanted to send minutes and
meeting notices only to paid members. It was agreed to continue to send
minutes and notices to paid members AND to the BikePed List. (See note at
bottom these minutes re BikePed List).
-He reported on the December meeting with Jeff Miller, Executive Director of
the Bicycle Coalition of Maine (BCM), which was considered an excellent and
inspiring event.
Treasurer's Report: Approximate balance $500. Dave will post a report to
his website.
Legislation Committee: Dave reported that Karen Kitzmiller is looking for
direction from VBPC. Discussion followed. It was agreed to (1)send her a
copy of the October 1999 Consenus Statement on Shoulders. (2) agree with the
elimination of the "Sidepath Law" (3) Eliminate the definition, wherever
appearing of ,"shoulder" as a "bike lane", and (4) hold off on changing the
shoulder paving language in the current law. There was a MOTION and
agreement to invite Karen Kitzmiller to the next meeting to have a general
discussion of bike ped issues. Peter agreed to inform Karen of the VBPC
current stand on these various issues.
Logo: Eric Scharnberg presented a draft VBPC logo. The group approved of the
design, with the word "Vermont" spelled out, and asked him to see if he
could put a rider on the bicycle.
MOTION: To send the October 1999 VBPC Consensus Shoulder Statement to the
VAOT. George agreed to send it.

VAOT BikePed Coordinator Report: Amy reported (1)that the Governor's new
budget has a new position of assistant BikePed Coordinator , (2) that
requests for projects for the year 2000 Bike Ped Program has gone out to the
RPCs. Application deadline is the 1st week in April, (3) that work on the
"National Center for Biking and Walking" BikePed Facility Design Manual,
which would "combine what's out there" to help develop Vermont Standards,
will be starting soon.
Work Plan 2000. George will attach his notes of the Work Plan 2000
discussion and volunteer assignments.
GMBC: Kevin reported that the GMBC is meeting soon to discuss bicycle
related legislation.
Letter to Governor. The chair was authorized to sign and forward a letter
to the Governor regarding pedestrian and cycling accidents in Vermont.
Next VBPC business meeting will be Feb. 15, in Montpelier. Time and place
TBA.
Persons interested in BBPC stuff (and these meeting notes) should sign on to
the BikePed List. Here's how: To join the vtbikepedpolicy-l list, send
e-mail to: [log in to unmask] and put the subscribe command as the first
line of your message along with the list name and your first and last name.
For example: sub vtbikepedpolicy-l Joan A. R. Person
Persons interested in supporting and joining the VBPC should sent 10 bucks
to 305 Plumb Lane, Washington, VT 05675.

Meeting notes by,
Bud Haas










Top of Message | Previous Page | Permalink

Advanced Options


Options

Log In

Log In

Get Password

Get Password


Search Archives

Search Archives


Subscribe or Unsubscribe

Subscribe or Unsubscribe


Archives

August 2015
April 2015
March 2015
February 2015
January 2015
December 2014
November 2014
October 2014
September 2014
August 2014
July 2014
June 2014
May 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
November 2013
October 2013
September 2013
August 2013
July 2013
June 2013
May 2013
April 2013
March 2013
February 2013
January 2013
December 2012
November 2012
October 2012
September 2012
August 2012
May 2012
March 2012
January 2012
March 2011
February 2011
October 2010
September 2010
July 2010
April 2010
March 2010
December 2009
May 2009
April 2009
March 2009
February 2009
January 2009
December 2008
October 2008
May 2008
March 2008
February 2008
December 2007
September 2007
July 2007
June 2007
May 2007
April 2007
March 2007
February 2007
January 2007
December 2006
November 2006
June 2006
May 2006
December 2005
November 2005
September 2005
August 2005
July 2005
June 2005
May 2005
April 2005
March 2005
February 2005
January 2005
December 2004
October 2004
September 2004
August 2004
July 2004
June 2004
May 2004
April 2004
March 2004
February 2004
January 2004
December 2003
November 2003
October 2003
September 2003
August 2003
July 2003
June 2003
May 2003
April 2003
March 2003
February 2003
December 2002
November 2002
October 2002
September 2002
August 2002
July 2002
June 2002
May 2002
April 2002
March 2002
February 2002
January 2002
December 2001
November 2001
October 2001
September 2001
August 2001
July 2001
June 2001
May 2001
April 2001
March 2001
February 2001
January 2001
December 2000
November 2000
October 2000
September 2000
August 2000
July 2000
June 2000
May 2000
April 2000
March 2000
February 2000
January 2000
December 1999
November 1999
October 1999
September 1999
August 1999
July 1999
June 1999
May 1999
April 1999
March 1999
February 1999

ATOM RSS1 RSS2



LIST.UVM.EDU

CataList Email List Search Powered by the LISTSERV Email List Manager