VERMONT BICYCLE/PEDESTRIAN COALITION
Montpelier, Tuesday, April 18, 2000
Attending: George Plumb, Bunky Bernstein, Amy Bell, Bruce Cunningham, Dave
Jacobowitz, Dale Critchlow, Rich Warren, Kathy Davidow, Bud Haas
Meeting Called to Order by Chair, George Plumb at 5:40 PM.
Meeting Notes for Feb. 15, 2000: Approved.
Meeting Notes for Retreat April 1, 2000: Approved
TREASURERíS REPORT: Dave reported bank balance at $601.70. All expenses of
retreat will be covered by residual funds from disbanded VT Grassroots, Inc.
AOT BikePed COORDINATOR REPORT: Amy reported that she is waiting for letter
from Chair, to go with package being sent to Vermont LAB members. She also
reported on receiving grant proposals for bike-ped grants as follows: 17
applications totaling $212k for $200k in planning grants, and 12 application
totaling $5M for $1.8M in project grants. She also reported work proceeding
on BP design manual including selection of steering committee of 14 members
with 6 persons from outside AOT.
DISCUSSION ON CHARTER: Mission, Vision, Values. Amended proposal of Kathy
and Bunky on Mission statement. Accepted Bunkyís proposal on Vision
statement. Discussed at length Values statements as developed at Retreat.
Kathy and Bunky will formalize for official adoption at next meeting.
SHARE THE ROAD FLYER: Bud reported on development of flyer with
distribution goal date of June 1.
Rick has provided draft copy of flyer. Dale has provided lists of bike
shops. Various members got quotes on printing costs. Discussed printing and
folding costs, content changes, initial distribution of 5000 copies to bike
shops, possibility of sponsorship and funding by AOT, and by GMBC. Dale and
Bud agreed to get final design and printing arranged within two weeks, and
to have printing accomplished in 4 weeks. (Thanks to BCM for basic flyer).
Since new name has not been agreed to, flyer will go with current name,
Vermont Bicycle Pedestrian Coalition (VBPC).
501-C3 REPORT: Dave reported that work goes on and that IRS filing fee was
now $500. Group asked Dave to continue to complete Application and we will
raise funds when it is ready to go in.
BYLAWS REPORT: Dave reported working on modifying bylaws in conjunction with
501 c3 application. George asked that bylaws be amended to increase size of
Board, so that monthly meetings of the working group would become Board of
NAME CHANGE: Rich reported on extensive passing of suggested names through
e-mails. He agreed to meet with Bud, Dave, Bunky and other interested folks
electronically, to narrow list down to 3 or 4 names, and then to post on the
Listserve, for comments and suggestions from members and listers.
NEXT MEETING : Agreed to try to meet monthly on the 3rd Tuesday, next
meeting May 16, 5:30pm, place TBA.
Persons interested in supporting and joining the VBPC should sent 10 bucks
to: VBPC, Box 4003, Burlington, VT 05406-4003.
Persons interested in VBPC stuff (and these meeting notes) who havenít got
the ten dollars right now, should sign on to the BikePed List. Hereís how:
To join the vtbikepedpolicy-l list, send e-mail
to: [log in to unmask] and put the subscribe command as the first line of
your message along with the list name and your first and last name. For
example: sub vtbikepedpolicy-l Joan A. R. Person
Meeting notes by,