Fw: Share the Road PSA Offer

George Plumb <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 8 Aug 2000 10:41:56 -0400

Hi all,

I am writing to you today to request your approval to spend some money.  We
do not meet again until September 26th and I would like to act on some
things before then.  We have about $1,000 in the treasury plus another
$2,000 that the Governor's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports has
allocated.

The three items I would like to act on are as follows.

Printing of 300 membership decals    $291.48
Printing of 1,000 Share the Road
bumper stickers                                      336.97
Production of video PSA's as
outlined by Jeff Miller below                     500.00

    Total Expenditures about $1,100.

I realize this is a lot of money but I think it is money very well spent and
should help to bring in more memberships and donations.

I have viewed the 4 PSA's and they are outstanding as you would expect from
the Maine Bicycle Coalition.  I don't think anyone will notice that it is
not Vermont.  The only thing is one of them says that it is the law to wear
a helmet in one of them.  Correct me if I am wrong but this is not the case
in Vermont is it?

I have to let Jeff know this week whether or not to go ahead so please get
back to me by Thursday.

If you object to any or all of these expenditures please let me know and if
it is more than a couple of people I will hold off.

George,

This from Jeff: