Vermont Bike Ferry

"G. G. Eckert" <[log in to unmask]>

G. G. Eckert

Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:49:05 -0400

The following was forwarded by Craig P. Della Penna,
New England Representative
Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
9/12/00
RE: Burlington, Colchester,  Winooski,  & South Hero, Vermont, USA.
Finally!!  All appeals are behind us, the improvements are in place, and
the
boat is ready to go.  We will be starting service Saturday, September
23rd
at 10:00am, with a christening celebration at 12:00 noon at Charlie's
Boat
House at the end of the Burlington Bike Path.  The Bike Ferry will run
weekends through the end of October, 10:00am until dusk.  If the demand
is
there, we'll add more days (daily service next year).  Hope to see you
there.

Brian

Brian Costello
Burlington Bikeways