Sorry if you weren't able to get the attachments. I have pasted the press
release below. The flyer is redundent.
Vermont SAFE KIDS - Bike-a-Thon
* Saturday, September 14, 2002
* 100 kilometer (62 mile) ride starts at 8:30 a.m. at the Montpelier
Recreation Field and ends at the same place
* 25 mile option starts at 9:30 a.m. at Lake Elmore and ends in
* Rest/Food Stops, Sag Wagon, T-shirt, picnic barbecue and prizes
* Riders must raise a minimum of $100 to participate
Call Jan Walker, 241-2198 days or 388-4220 evenings to register
Vermont SAFE KIDS is a not-for-profit coalition made up of people who want
to keep children safe. It includes representatives from Head Start, Parent
Child Centers, American Red Cross, State of Vermont Child Care Services and
Division and Departments of Health and Labor and Industry and Agency of
Transportation, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Central Vermont Hospital,
Governor's Highway Safety Program, fire and rescue squads and the Vermont
Chapter of American Academy of Pediatrics.
Your participation will help raise awareness that the vast majority of all
childhood injuries are preventable and help Vermont SAFE KIDS do the
* Provide free and low cost bike helmets to Vermont schools and other
groups engaged in safety awareness activities.
* Expand capabilities of SAFE KIDS to get the word out on how to
* Provide grants to communities to support local childhood programs.
Jon Kaplan, P.E.
Assistant Bicycle & Pedestrian Coordinator
VT Agency of Transportation
National Life Building, Drawer 33
Montpelier, VT 05633-5001
(802) 828-0059 Phone
(802) 828-5712 Fax
VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L: The Vermont Bicycle and Pedestrian Policy Discussion List
Subscription control: http://list.uvm.edu/archives/vtbikepedpolicy-l.html.
For help: email [log in to unmask] with the word "help" in the message body.