]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L Home

VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L  October 2003

VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L October 2003

Re: News from VT Bike/Ped Coalition - Oct. 2003

TONY REDINGTON <[log in to unmask]>

TONY REDINGTON <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 08:49:07 -0400

One of the elements lost in the enhancements discussion with the VAOT is the
possible loss of the original Snelling/Dean commitments of $11.5 million to
bikepaths 1991-1993.  The VAOT has stated that it is making sure the
"enhancement" category of funding mandated by the feds is fulfilled. What isn't said
is that the original commitments of $11.5 million viewed and interpreted as outside
the enhancements pot may well have been dropped in an sure enough, the $11.5
million disappears.

Has anyone looked into this?  A lot of effort and the commitment of Gov. Dean was
put into this area.  Has it been lost?