LISTSERV Archives

CEMSDSAC Home

CEMSDSAC  February 2007

CEMSDSAC February 2007

Videotaping Friday Feb 16

"Mary A. Cox" <[log in to unmask]>

CEMS Dean's Student Advisory Council <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 7 Feb 2007 17:37:42 -0500

Hi all,

On Friday, February, 16, Dan Harvey and I will be walking around Votey
and Perkins with a camera crew. We'll be doing interviews with
students and faculty, and shooting as much other interesting footage
as we can. The end goal is to create a 4-5 minute professionally
produced, broadcast-quality video that we'll show during Admitted
Student Visitation Days, put on the web, and use in any other
marketing efforts we can.

Our primary goal is to shoot short interviews of students, in various
locales in and around Votey and Perkins.  We are developing a list of
questions (who are you, what students organizations you're involved
with, what sorts of special research or other work you've done here);
we are very interested in capturing the flavor of being a student at
CEMS and how you have grown here.

If you are interested in participating, please e-mail me back and let
me know when and where you would be available to be interviewed (the
interviews will be short enough to fit approximately within time
between classes, if you are pushed back-to-back that day).

We are also trying to shoot interesting labs or classes that day that
will feature students doing hands-on activities; good math,
engineering, or CS lectures occuring that day (in a nice-looking
classroom); CEMS grad or undergrad students in research labs working
with faculty; that sort of thing.

So, we would greatly appreciate your recommendation about what labs or
classes you think would be good for us to shoot.

We hope you'll be involved with this; as our student leaders, you will
have a lot to say that will be of interest to everyone!

Best,
Mary