Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MINIBAJA Home

MINIBAJA  September 2007

MINIBAJA September 2007

updates

Michael Connelly Murray <[log in to unmask]>

Mini Baja Team List <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:04:30 -0400

Team,
Now that we are back in Votey with hopefully no more gas main
ruptures, I can update you on some stuff thats gone down this week.

First of all, our FREE...let me say it again..-> FREE!! cvt from
CVtech was shipped out on Weds. I'm hoping to see it in the office
within another week or so and potentially start tuning it on an older
engine (more info about this to come.)

POLARIS: This weekend, some of us are hoping to polish up our Polaris
Parts order so we can get the estimate/approval and order it within
another week or 2.

PROJECT TEARDOWN: Sometime next week we will be dragging the old green
car from Perkins to the Shop so that we can start hacking it apart. If
we do get it into the shop (providing theres no issues with the
construction) plan on tearing it down on Friday afternoon. The frame
tear down will be pretty quick as we are basically keeping long
sections and cutting with a Sawzall. Floyd would like to be in the
building for this as theres the potential for a group of first year
students working on it, and he doesn't want to be gone if something
goes wrong...which it won't... Listen for updates/confirmation on this.

DRIVING DAY: Depending on my schedule for this afternoon, I will be
contacting the appropriate parties on getting approved to drive our
car at Centennial Field. If I don't today, then I'll do it Monday and
get it squared away.

PROJECT PROMO: So far, it seems that Dom's shirt design was the most
popular. I'd like to see that design finalized so we can all see what
it would look like, and I had also been toying with the idea of
spending a bit more money and having long sleeve t shirts done or
something of that nature. Could be a bit nicer in the winter or
something and a bit different from everyone else. I'll be checking
with our company this weekend on what other style shirts they do.

I think this is all for now. Frame design will hopefully be polished
up this weekend to go from 96 to 99% complete. The gear box is coming
along pretty nicely too. I'm going to be going over some Timken
catalogs (they will sponsor mini baja teams and give free bearings)
and hopefully decide on some bearings we need for our applications.

Keep your ears open for updates and keep stopping by in your free
time. Maybe we can set up a BBQ or something in a couple weeks before
we get snow.

Cheers for the weekend. Enjoy yourselves.

Mike

http://www.uvm.edu/~minibaja/2006-2007/