LISTSERV Archives

MINIBAJA Home

MINIBAJA  September 2007

MINIBAJA September 2007

A Few Things

Michael Murray <[log in to unmask]>

Mini Baja Team List <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 17 Sep 2007 07:56:34 -0400

Hey Folks,
Hope you all enjoyed the weekend. Looks like we might still hang onto
some nice weather this week.

Just a few things here to discuss.

+meeting
+design update
+SGA-money
+polaris
+IBC task 1
+IBC task 2

Plan on a meeting Weds at 7pm in the Votey Shop. We need to discuss a
few things and get the ball rolling on them. Floyd will hopefully be
returning today (I'll know in about a half hour) so we can work on
setting up times with him to get into the shop. I will be doing as much
as I can to organize this with him, but, it comes down to your interest
and how much you want to get involved, so even if 3-4 of you approach
him and discuss setting up a time, he will gladly get you in there,
teach you about the machinery, the safety rules, and get you on your
feet as far as the shop goes.

I spent the better part of yesterday working on our design for the gear
box. See the attached pictures for what was accomplished. It's getting
real close to a final/working design. Just a few key issues to sit on
for a couple days until I can figure them out.

Tonight is the 2nd/final Treasurer's Workshop. A reminder to Thatcher
that it is at 7pm. After attending these workshops, our accounts with
Student Government will be opened up and we can start spending money
again..Bling...

Polaris has been updating their lists of parts and should be done
early/mid of this week. I'll talk to a few of our older guys who know
the car pretty well, and try to recruit some of you younger guys to work
on a parts list of what we need. This will include all front suspension
components, rear components, and some key driveline parts we will need.
Let me know which of you older guys would want to sort of head this
group, and let me know which of you younger guys would like to help out.

Two last delegations of tasks, Gabe, you mentioned helping me out with
some solidworks mockups. When I get to Votey today, I'll forward you
some parts, and an updated drawing of the IBC CVTs, they changed them a
bit, and we should update our drawings to get some clearances taken care of.

Marcus, if you could get on the horn today and contact CVtech about
their order form and what they wanted for those last boxes, that would
be great. Then we could get that finished up later on and get it in the
mail. Let me know how you make out.

That is all for now gang.
Again, Meeting on Weds at 7pm in the Votey Shop. Hope to see you there.
Don't be afraid to email me with questions, big or small.

Enjoy,

Mike

http://www.uvm.edu/~minibaja/2006-2007/