Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MINIBAJA Home

MINIBAJA  September 2007

MINIBAJA September 2007

meeting reminder

Michael Connelly Murray <[log in to unmask]>

Mini Baja Team List <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:50:57 -0400

Hey everyone,
I hope the week is winding down OK for everyone.

Just a reminder about tonight's meeting at 6:30 in the Votey Shop.
Hope to see you all there.
We will be discussing some of the following topics:

+Shop orientations - figuring out some times when groups of you can
meet with Floyd and go over some shop procedures/rules so when we
begin our build process, we can get you right in the action.

+Polaris Parts order - Ben Greenfield is going to be in charge of the
ordering of parts through Polaris, but he's going to need some help
from a couple of you in making sure that we have everything we need.
We can order from Polaris more than once, but it's nice to get it all
done at once.

+Design Update - Last night I reached another step closer to
finalizing our gear box design. This weekend I'll be finishing all the
calculations to be sure that everything is to spec, and next week the
design should be finalized as far as the housing, and mounting it is
concerned. More to come tonight on this.

+Sponsorship Packets - Most of our money for the trips comes from
generous contributions from companies in the area. It is crucial that
we work for this money, since SGA gives us enough to build the car,
and a little extra for kicks.  Our sponsorship letter is pretty up to
date, but the style/logistics are a bit out of date and could use some
updating. I'll be looking for a couple of people willing to help me
out in the next couple weeks on giving our packet an updated
appearance so we can start begging for money.

+Tshirts - Last year we had T shirts printed for our last race, and
they were sweet. This year, were hoping to print some up soon, with
just a simple logo on the chest and some text across the back. Mike
Strand has been working on a design and if any of you feel like you
can come up with something cool, let me know and I can give you some
"criteria" as far as what we are looking for. If it comes down to it,
we can always just vote on one. It would be nice to have t shirts to
wear during the year.

I think that is it for now. Try to make the meeting just to stay up to
date, but if you can't, it's not a huge deal. I'm aware that some of
you have a Chem exam, and probably other stuff going on. That stuff
comes first so do what you have to do.

Take care,

Mike

http://www.uvm.edu/~minibaja/2006-2007/