Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MINIBAJA Home

MINIBAJA  September 2007

MINIBAJA September 2007

update/stuff

Michael Connelly Murray <[log in to unmask]>

Mini Baja Team List <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:55:07 -0400

Greetings Race Fans,
I hope your semester is off to a good start, and to all the first year
students out there, I hope you are enjoying your stay at UVM.

First of all, I know many of you are anxious to get into the shop to
get down and dirty with some tools/machines. Trust me, I share the
same feeling. For those that aren't aware, Floyd is out for this week,
so we are a bit limited on the things we can work on in the shop, but
its a nice break to take care of the design/business aspects of this
club. We also don't have many projects to be working on at this
current time in the shop yet. This brings me to my next point.
This years design has been coming along alright, and it's time we
expose some of you younger, interested guys to the design process. We
would like to have most of the design finished up within the next
couple weeks at the latest. This Saturday morning I'll be spending
some time in Votey working on Solidworks drawings/parts so I invite
any of you to simply show up, or contact me personally if you are
interested. (email me if you want a number to reach me, I really feel
like leaving it out on a public listserv).
I'll settle on a rough time later on today or tomorrow when I figure
some stuff out. This will give you a chance to see what Solidworks is
actually capable of (a bit different than the stuff in Engr002) and a
good opportunity for some of you to give some input about the car.

Next...I this club is about building a car and then driving it. I'm
currently "renewing" our agreement with UVM and the Physical Plant on
using their land behind Centennial Field to take the car out.
Hopefully this will get taken care in the week or so and in about 2
weeks we can set up a driving day so you can see what the car(s) are
like and have an opportunity to drive one. Due to the large group of
interested members, we will probably have to set up a couple different
10-12 person groups to give everyone a fair chance at driving, etc
etc. Details will come as soon as I get the approval, so keep your
eyes/ears open for this.

Next, most of you know that we don't have any real hardcore schedule
as far as weekly meetings go, but they are important in the early
stages to keep everyone up to date on recent progress and projects.
I'd like to get a general idea from everyone on having a rough meeting
schedule on Thursday/Friday evenings or maybe even a Saturday early
afternoon sort of deal. I know people like to go home for the weekend,
and I won't let a Friday meeting cut into your big party plans, but
seeing as everyone is usually finished up with their work for the
week, it'd be a good way to cut the stress down and talk about cars
for a bit, etc etc etc. Lets see who'd be interested in this and we
will go from there.

Lastly, when Floyd returns next week, I'm going to get a schedule from
him on when we can get some groups together for some shop orientation
meetings. When I get this schedule I'll get back to you folks and we
can figure that all out.

That is all for now, and thanks for continuing to read. Keep checking
your mailboxes and stop by the shop next week as we get back into some
small projects.

Take care,

Mike

http://www.uvm.edu/~minibaja/2006-2007/