LISTSERV Archives

MINIBAJA Home

MINIBAJA  January 2008

MINIBAJA January 2008

updates

Michael Murray <[log in to unmask]>

Mini Baja Team List <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 7 Jan 2008 13:13:45 -0500

Hey Team,

Happy new year and all that jazz. Just wanted to shoot a few updates out
there to let everyone know whats been going on.

We started our frame build on Dec 26th in Votey, and began relocating
some of our tools to the DR Power plant in Shelburne, VT. They were kind
enough to give us the opportunity to build our frame down there due to
some scheduling issues over break. The build is coming along well, with
no major setbacks. We should be able to bring a chassis complete from
the firewall forward back to our own shop within 2 weeks providing
things continue at this pace.

I'm waiting to hear from Polaris on the status of our big parts order,
but they should have received our check/order the week before Xmas, and
I'm hoping a big box shows up next week sometime. This week will see
some major spending on parts required to build the rest of the car, so
we can start making good progress once the 2nd semester starts up.

I secured a hotel room in Tennessee for our first competition. The
competition runs Thurs, May 1st through Sat. May 3rd. I realize this is
the first week of finals for the spring semester, but let me know who
thinks they will be able to travel with us. Looking at a calendar now, a
tentative and feasible plan would be to leave VT early Weds morning
(April 30th) to arrive sometime late that night and be ready for
competition start on Thurs.

As mentioned early in the year, our final race is in Montréal and could
possibly require the use of passports in order to get across/back over
the border. The wait time now is only a few weeks, so get on it if you
think you might want to go to this race in June. They just posted hotel
info for that race so I'll be working on a room there, but that trip
will most likely involve some camping at the race, etc etc.

Another priority for you young members is to join SAE. It's a $10 fee,
and is required in order to be involved at the races, even if you aren't
a driver. Go to http://students.sae.org/ and in the top right area it
says SIGN UP. Do it, its quick, easy, and pretty painless, and I'd hate
for people to not be able to come along on the races since they didn't
sign up.

That's it for now, hope everyone's break is going well and hope you are
ready to get busy fabricating after break. There's a lot to be done.

Mike

http://www.uvm.edu/~minibaja/2006-2007/