Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MINIBAJA Home

MINIBAJA  February 2008

MINIBAJA February 2008

couple of updates

Michael Connelly Murray <[log in to unmask]>

Mini Baja Team List <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 5 Feb 2008 20:47:34 -0500

Team,

Just wanted to go over a few things in case you couldn't make the meeting.

+SAE Membership. You NEED to become an SAE member to get to the races.
It's $10 a year, and you get some random magazines, publications,
access to online technical articles, etc etc.

Go here, http://students.sae.org/ and where it says "Student
Resources" click "BECOME A MEMBER." Let me know as you sign up/if
you've already signed up.

+Race dates. Look into your Final exam schedule. The first race
(Tennessee) is May 1-4, which is the first weekend of finals week. Our
current plan is to leave early April 30th morning, and hopefully get
back into town on the afternoon of Sunday, May 5th.
The 2nd race (Montreal) is June 11-14. We are obviously expecting to
have more people attend this race so we will need a rough count to
plan out the transportation situation. The passport law for traveling
to/from Canada still hasn't been implemented but I recommend getting
your passport soon. I'd hate for the law to come into effect and have
people not be able to travel to the race.

+Shop Hours Log - As I mentioned tonight, Floyd wants a rough log of
who/how long people are working in the shop. If he can show that more
people are in the shop, he can maybe request more money for his
budget. Not totally sure on these logistics but it wouldn't be a bad
idea to keep rough tabs on whats being done. I'll print out a sheet
and hang it on the inside of one of our doors. If you are in the shop
and working, keep track of your hours and try to update once or twice
a week.

+Fabrication - You are all doing a good job at showing up and taking
interest in the vehicle fabrication. Keep up the interest. As I've
mentioned to some of you, as more fabrication gets done and some of
the hardcore welding/machining slows down, some of us will be glad to
sit and work to get you using the welder and such.

+Team Flotation - As mentioned tonight, lets aim to have the flotation
design nailed down by the end of this weekend. That means that you
will probably have to meet sometime this week/weekend. I'll get a
solid works file for the bottom profile of the car so you can build
off of it.

That is it for now. Sorry to the lengthy message.

Enjoy the night.

Mike

Michael C. Murray
2009 Mechanical Engineering Undergrad
Team Captain - UVM Mini Baja - (Catamount Racing)

518-469-8184

http://www.uvm.edu/~minibaja/2006-2007/