LISTSERV Archives

MINIBAJA Home

MINIBAJA  February 2008

MINIBAJA February 2008

tasks for grabs

Michael Murray <[log in to unmask]>

Mini Baja Team List <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 8 Feb 2008 00:23:45 -0500

Hey Team,

There are a few systems that need to be worked on and completed. These
are good opportunities for younger members to get involved in but will
need the supervision/direction of some returning members.

A big one is the suspension fabrication.
Remaining on that segment are:

Fix the location of front tabs. Modify Polaris A-Arms to fit last year's
geometry (cutting off of through bolts and welding in tube inserts)
Fabricate upper shock mounts.
Fabricate tie rods - steering rack is in the mail

Once the next batch of tabs gets cut (see additional email) the rear
links can get built. Those will go pretty quick based on their layout
and the use of jigs.

The rear of the frame will be set to go next week pending a few final
touches in other areas. That will go pretty quick as well. Pretty simple
machining and fabrication.

Driver Controls:
Gas Pedal, Brake Pedal, master cylinder mounting (only after front susp
is done), dashpanel, etc. Last years pedal design works ok but I
encourage someone to think of a different setup maybe a little lighter
and less fabrication (not that last years was that much but you get the
idea)

I've attached a pdf of a task list. check it out. I'll be hanging a more
detailed on up in the shop so sign up on it starting tomorrow and such.
Might get a way to have this posted on the website and log in to
update/check up in it.

Like I said, the remaining work is perfect for young guys to get
involved, but its going to take the support of returning
members.Ideally, some of you can take on as "head" of these tasks since
you've been exposed to it in the past and at the same time, can teach
people the techniques involved. Start singing up with stuff you are
interested in.

Have a good night.
Mike

http://www.uvm.edu/~minibaja/2006-2007/