Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MINIBAJA Home

MINIBAJA  February 2008

MINIBAJA February 2008

stuff/this week

Michael Connelly Murray <[log in to unmask]>

Mini Baja Team List <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:24:50 -0500

Thanks to everyone who has responded about keeping your name on the
board. You still have another day to decide, in case it is that tough
of a decision ;)

This is a pretty busy week for some of us (academically) and I know a
few people have mentioned having an exam Tues night during our regular
meeting time.
Personally, I think I can express what needs to get done here and
keep people from having to show up for 30 min to beat around the bush.
We can then resume the weekly meeting next week.

So, what needs to get done.

Rear end of frame is ready to get built. Either this evening or
tomorrow morning I'll tack a couple of tubing cut-lists to the door or
inside the shop. There are 4 items bracketed at the top of the list
that are set to be cut, and in the order they should be cut in.
Whoever feels confident in using either the chop saw or horizontal
band saw, can go ahead and cut those members. There is a legend on the
page for reading the tubing size callout, for those not familiar with
the cut list. We can then discuss having them notched in another day
or so.

I'll be sending a tab list down to DR power to have them cut some day
this week. We can potentially have them Thursday or Friday depending
on everyone's schedule here and there.

+ make the modifications to the stock polaris front a-arms to match
last year's a-arms (currently mocked up on the new frame)

+ make the throttle assembly and bell cranks for the engine (similar
to last year's design) will require engine currently in the car to be
removed - sorry to those who did a great job at putting it in.

+ pull the plastic nose cover off the car to get design for pedal
assembly/master cylinder mounts figured out, and make it.

That is a pretty busy list for the rest of this week and start of next
week, so please, let me know if you want to take on any of those tasks
and we will get you set up [for success]. Most of those are reasonable
tasks for anyone interested/willing to put the time in.

Enjoy the rest of the evening and good luck on any exams this week. As
always, that is still priority.

See you this week sometime.

Mike

http://www.uvm.edu/~minibaja/2006-2007/