LISTSERV Archives

CONSBIO Home

CONSBIO  March 2008

CONSBIO March 2008

new member

Jeremy Taylor <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Conservation Biology Discussion Group <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 16 Mar 2008 23:43:46 -0700

Hello,

I just joined the group, and wanted to introduce
myself to everyone.  I grew up on a family farm in
upstate New York. In 1997 I earned a B.S. in wildlife
biology from the SUNY College of Environmental Science
and Forestry in Syracuse, NY, and from there I went on
to work in the bird department of the San Antonio Zoo,
a position I held for nearly two years. After that, I
worked for 3 1/2 years on the Aviary Team at Disney's
Animal Kingdom, and then moved to South Florida to
work as a state wildlife biologist in the Everglades.
A little over 3 years ago I moved back to upstate New
York, and took a position as an ecologist and
environmental educator for Audubon International,
which is an environmental organization based in
Selkirk, NY. For the last year I have been working in
the retail field, but I am hoping to return to the
environmental field very soon.

For the last year and a half or so, I have been
conducting a short questionnaire about nature and the
environment. I have been sending it via postal mail
and email to world leaders, corporate CEOs, wildlife
experts, religious leaders, and others, and as I get
the results back, I am posting them at a blog I
created for the project,
http://earthsurvey.blogspot.com .  To date, I have
gotten back over 330 responses, from all over the
world. I am particularly interested in the
intersections between religion, culture, society, and
the environment. In the future, I hope to publish
something additional with the results, although at
this point I am not sure what format or when exactly
this will take place. If anyone would like to
participate, please let me know, and I would be glad
to send you a copy! There is a disclaimer on the site
that the views expressed are those of the individuals,
and not to be taken as official statements or
policies, and if you prefer to remain anonymous, I can
do that too! The more the merrier, so please feel free
to ask for a copy of the questions!

Looking forward to being a part of the group!

Regards,
Jeremy

PS- You might also be interested in the Earth Hour
movement, sponsored by the World Wildlife Fund, if you
are not already aware of it.  To learn more, you can
visit http://www.earthhour.org/user/lUtK

"We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we
borrow it from our Children." ~Native American proverb

Visit me online:
Website http://jeremyjtaylor.tripod.com
Earth Survey Project http://earthsurvey.blogspot.com
Facebook