LISTSERV Archives

MINIBAJA Home

MINIBAJA  March 2008

MINIBAJA March 2008

Floatation

Marcus Hicken <[log in to unmask]>

Mini Baja Team List <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:37:27 -0400

Team,

I hope you had a chance to get out today and enjoy the sun.
Due to a delay in ordering the adhesive for the floatation foam, we wont
be gluing the foam this weekend. I guess having the adhesive would help
on that front. We do, however, have all of the other materials we need
in order to complete that project. I will send out an email later next
week in regards to when we'll be in the shop. Its much easier to glue
everything after hours so nothing gets disturbed. Its also space
consuming, so its best to do it over a weekend. We will need to glue
the HDPE and the 2 layers of foam first. Then trim it to shape after it
sets overnight. After that the hardware can be added. Next we will
add the 3rd later on the sides, and let that set. Overall it should
take two, roughly 3 hour sessions to glue and trim, not including the
hardware "installation". Not a tough job, just time consuming.

Please let me know if you will be around next weekend to lend a hand. I
dont know if it will be Friday night, or sat for the first phase. Look
for another email regarding that.

Enjoy the weekend

Marcus

http://www.uvm.edu/~minibaja/2006-2007/