Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MINIBAJA Home

MINIBAJA  June 2008

MINIBAJA June 2008

team update

Michael Connelly Murray <[log in to unmask]>

Mini Baja Team List <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 8 Jun 2008 12:04:53 -0400

Hi Team,

I hope everyone is having an enjoyable summer so far and enjoying this heat...

I wanted to break the news and let everyone know that we are
unfortunately not going to be ready for this week's race in Montreal.
Despite the prep in getting things set to finish during these past few
weeks, the combination of busy schedules and lack of man power has put
us here.

It is never a good feeling to have a long year of hard work end this
way, but at the same time, I hope everyone took away some valuable
experience and some good times - I know I did.

During the next week or two, I'm going to sit with Ben and come up
with a new "administrative" layout and plan for the upcoming season.
For those returning to the team, I hope you all are, there are some
things that need to be changed as far as the way the team is organized
and operates.

Without getting into too much detail, I think a problem in the past
has been that every few years when the older guys on the team
graduate, things get out of shape quick and progress slows. I want to
prevent that now by working to hand down more leadership/management
rolls to the younger guys on the team.

More news to come on this in the next couple of weeks.

Enjoy the rest of the summer, and let me know if you have
ideas/comments/concerns. If you are planning to visit Burlington, let
us know about that too...we're here all summer.

Best Regards,

Mike

P.S. simple math tells me that when this vehicle is completed, we will
have 3 functional cars...There are a few offers for places to drive in
the area, so keep your ears/eyes open about a big driving day/weekend.

http://www.uvm.edu/~minibaja/2006-2007/