Font:

LISTSERV Archives

MINIBAJA Home

MINIBAJA  November 2008

MINIBAJA November 2008

last nights meeting (11-10-08)

Michael Connelly Murray <[log in to unmask]>

Michael Connelly Murray <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:25:16 -0500

All,

Thanks to those who came to last night's meeting.

So we are all on the same page in regards to the 2 design teams we set
up, I wanted to sum up what we discussed. I have listed "leaders" for
each of these groups. These people seemed most interested in getting
the ball rolling on these projects, and I also feel they have the
necessary qualities for organizing the work. They are also responsible
for documenting the work and progress, as well as keeping the team on
track.

+Front Suspension "Jig" Team:
This team is tasked with designing and fabricating a jig for mounting
the front
suspension tabs. The jig will be an accurate, rugged, and easy to use
fixture replacing previous techniques of combining tabs, spacers and
threaded rods for mounting the tabs. Keep your eyes open for the
necessary frame + tab assembly you can use to build the jig in
Solidworks.

I am placing Mike Strand ([log in to unmask]) as lead on this team, with
the support of: Kyle S., Rob D., & Connor B.

As of last night, your plan was to meet at 5pm tonight, in Cook
Commons for some
food/rough ideas, followed by heading to Votey to work on initial designs.

+Engine Modeling Team:
This team is currently tasked with disassembling the old engine, and
modeling the necessary components in Solidworks. You may ignore
internal components, as we are simply trying to get a more accurate
and realistic model (current one has accurate "major" dimensions, but
it looks terrible and this will double as a good Solidworks lesson).

I am placing Pat Brooks ([log in to unmask]) as lead of this team, with
the support of: Elliot J., Owen T., Sam F., Seth Y., & Will M.

Thanks again for those who attended, and for the eager attitudes
towards the above mentioned projects. I'm excited to see these get
tackled, while thinking about tougher and more demanding projects down
the road.

Cheers,

Mike

PLEASE READ!!!!