LISTSERV Archives

VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L Home

VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L  September 1999

VTBIKEPEDPOLICY-L September 1999

Re: Allaboutaroundabout

David Jacobowitz <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Bicycle and Pedestrian Policy Discussion <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:02:54 -0400

Bunky,

  I was under the impression that roundabouts benefited cyclists as much as
pedestrians. I know some bikers feel uncomfortable when car drivers don't quite
know what to do the first time in a roundabout. But I think Tony has cited data
that show fewer and less harmful accidents to bikers when roundabouts are adopted.

  My take is that roundabouts (and sidewalks/paths) benefit both bikers and
walkers.

  But Jon's point is well taken. We should make it clear that walking is very
important, not just improved when biking is improved (although it may be).

  Dave

--
[log in to unmask]  802.656.2539
Child Behavior Checklist  <[log in to unmask]>