Hi Anne,

I meant to write that the "...Ciclobus provides a true shuttle for bikes..."

The Ciclobus is a light bus, what we would call a school bus.  It has no seats,
but has overhead hand rails.  There are two doors, one in the front for
entering the bus, and one in the back for exiting.  The steps in the bus are
covered by a wooden or metal platform, so the floor level extends to the door.

Like a Curitiba bus, the buses are only entered from high platforms (perhaps 4
feet above the road surface).

continuous operation.  There is always a bus at the platform accepting
passengers and bikes. Bikers prepay the fare, then walk their bikes up a ramp
and through the front door of the bus.  At the same time, bikers inside the bus
are exiting out the rear door onto a separate platform.

My understanding is that the bus was implemented because it increased the
throughput for cyclists and it allowed some motor vehicles to continue to use
the tunnel.  I suspect that there is an air pollution problem inside the tunnel
that would make cycling difficult.

-Peter