DAC - I thought I'd forward this along so that you knew that the
vendor space on the 1st floor was being assigned to UVMTv.  Allen and
I want to thank you for all your perspectives throughout this decision.

On another note, I am looking to schedule a DAC meeting immediately
after Spring Break.  Are there issues or questions you have that we
need to add to the agenda.

Thanks.

Pat

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Allen Josey <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: February 18, 2009 3:34:34 PM EST
> To: Gregory Schondelmeier <[log in to unmask]>
> Cc: Chris Evans <[log in to unmask]>, "Brian K. Haas"
> <[log in to unmask]>, Terry Robbins <[log in to unmask]>, Pat
> Brown <[log in to unmask]>, Allen Josey <[log in to unmask]>,
> Patty Eldred <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: UVMtv in Davis Center
>
> Greg,
> I am happy to let you know that the tenant space here in the Davis
> Center has been awarded to UVMtv.  Attached you will find an MOU
> outlining some basic expectations of UVMtv occupying this space.  I
> ask that you read this over and let me know if there are any
> questions or concerns that you may have about the expectations of
> being a tenant of the Davis Center.  Modifications can be made if
> needed, but this should capture most all of the issues and
> expectations that will be placed on UVMtv.  If this document is
> acceptable as is, I ask that you get the appropriate signatures
> listed on the last page and then provide a copy to me.
>
> I have copied Brian Haas who works here at UVM in the Facilities,
> Design & Construction Department.  Brian was at the info meeting
> you attended last semester and is the designated contact person/
> engineer for all your fit up and occupancy issues.  Access to
> operate in this location will not be granted until he has verified
> that things are OK with regard to any permitting and documentation
> issues.  His department is an income/expense unit and so there will
> likely be charges for his time and assistance.  This is outlined in
> the MOU but I want to be sure you are aware of these costs so you
> should discuss this with him.  Brian has been made aware that UVMtv
> is on a very tight budget so I think it will be important for and
> Chris Evans, your adviser, to coordinate a time to review the
> process from here.  I would like to attend this initial meeting so
> please let me know when you have this arranged.
>
> If there are issues you want to discuss with me in advance or
> anytime during the process, do not hesitate to be in touch.
>
> Congratulations on sticking with all the steps, hoops and, hurdles
> you had to go through.  It is a good learning experience and one
> that may serve you well in the future. I look forward to seeing
> your progress over the rest of the semester and seeing the station
> up and running soon.
>
> Allen
>
> --
> _______________________________
> Allen Josey, Director of Operations Dudley H. Davis Center - The
> University of Vermont
> 590 Main Street, Burlington, VT  05405
> phone 802.656.1204 - fax 802.656.5068
> www.uvm.edu/daviscenter
>
> The Davis Center is STUDENT FOCUSED
> complements the University's ACADEMIC MISSION
> celebrates and supports SOCIAL JUSTICE
> and is a community-centered ENVIRONMENTAL college union.

Patrick Brown
Director of Student Life and the
	Dudley H. Davis Center
(802) 656-2060

The Department of Student Life's mission is to foster an inclusive
culture of student leadership development, community involvement, and
programming in order to develop a socially just community of lifelong
learners.