From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 4/7/2009 2:06:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: NCTM’s Coming to Boston—Registration Now Open!View this email online
Register and book housing
or (972) 349-5804.
8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m., CT.
Register by September 22, 2009
and save up to 25%
Hotel Reservation Deadline:
September 23, 2009
Plan your schedule
View sessions on the Online Conference Planner
Invest in Your Future and Those of Your Students—Join NCTM in Boston
Registration is now open for NCTM’s Regional Conference & Exposition in Boston. Register now and you’ll save up to 25% off the on-site rates! Join us October 21-23 to gain valuable teaching tools, network with your peers, and get reenergized about teaching math!
You’ll join thousands of your peers engaging in hands-on workshops, exchanging the newest teaching tips and techniques, discussing the latest research and approaches, and discovering new products and tools in the exhibit hall.
Attendees will come home with tips and tools to address their biggest challenges:
- Engaging and motivating students
- Developing lessons and activities
- Addressing diverse learning styles
- Teaching students of varying ability
- Ensuring conceptual understanding
- Utilizing technology in the classroom
- Balancing state testing and student understanding
- Keeping aligned to standards
- And more!
Who Should Attend?
- Teachers, whether dedicated to mathematics, or teaching multiple subjects
- New and Preservice Teachers (Student members receive FREE registration!)
- Principals, Supervisors, and Administrators
- Teacher Educators—bring your whole class!
- Mathematics Specialists and Coaches
- Curriculum Developers
- And anyone who supports mathematics education!
Here are just a few of the hundreds of sessions offered in Boston:
- See the Math: Making Elementary Math Visual
- Games: Connecting the Mathematical Dots
- Math with a Laugh: Count on It!
- Beyond M&Ms and Cheerios: Making Data Collection and Analysis Fun!
- Geometry and Algebra: Help Students See the Connections
- Podcasting 101: Creating Audio/Video Connections to your Students
- Keys to Successful Teaching: Turning Research into Practice
Plus a special one-day strand of sessions focused on Deaf Education.
Need more information or reasons to attend? Check out the full listing of sessions by visiting the Online Planner. Use it to get funding approval, plan your schedule, and see what sessions are right for you and your needs.
Visit www.nctm.org/boston for up-to-date information about sessions, featured speakers, the exhibit hall, travel to Boston, and more.
P.S. Can’t make it to Boston? NCTM is headed to Minneapolis and Nashville for additional regional conferences this fall. Registration for these meetings opens soon. Check out www.nctm.org/meetings to learn more about these events.
This email was sent to [log in to unmask] We hope you found this message to be useful.
However, if you'd rather not receive promotional emails from NCTM, please unsubscribe.
Copyright © 2009, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
1906 Association Drive, Reston, VA 20191-1502
Phone: (703) 620-9840 | Toll Free: (800) 235-7566 | Fax: (703) 476-2970
www.nctm.org | [log in to unmask]