Otter Valley uses CMP and CMP2 for 6, 7 and 8 across the district

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Paul Buhler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

For most students, Woodstock Union Middle School (7th&8th) uses CMP2 supplemented with Math’s Mate® skills reinforcement work sheets. In seventh grade, we construct targeted CMP-like units in geometry that align with the VT Standards.

Paul Buhler

From: Middle Level Mathematics Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Helen Fields
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: [MLMATHNET] texts and curriculum

Mount Anthony Union Middle School is using Scott Foresman-Addison Wesley (1999). I have only been teaching for a few years, so am slowly learning to introduce/ supplement heavily with CMP2 (some units) in 7th and 8th. In my humble and limited experience I find CMP2 to be the most challenging, but with the highest expectancy for UNDERSTANDING. It needs supplementation with skill building. Others can speak more directly to this. In the recent OGAP training there were several teachers in Vermont who have been using CMP2.

If ANYONE out there knows of a CMP2 training that will happen this spring or summer, please advise. I definitely would benefit from more training and experience, and support from those with more experience.

THANKS!

Helen Fields